Honda Geny EU20i parallel connection

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 19:15
ThreadID: 79582 Views:8328 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have purchased one of these generators and also the parallel connection set ...confusion now reigns!

The leads supplied are two very ordinary looking single leads that plug into the designated sockets of each genny ......The salesman told me that you simply plug these two leads into each genny designated sockets (being careful not to cross the polarity ..they are not even marked + or - ) and pull power of one set and the other becomes simply the slave

The book shows a totally different picture set up with a receptacle box, belt etc and the parallel leads with an earth wire as well all in one sheath.

Has anyone any experience in these or use these gennys in parallel?..........I confess when given these leads with nothing else I was very sceptical that it was all there..........I would have thought there was more sophistication involved than that........the book seems to think so too!

am I missing something or is the salesman?

Thanks
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan John C (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 19:35

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 19:35
Bungarra we went through this senario and was going to buy another EU2 instead of buying a three kva but when I found that when you connect them together and they have to be two of equal size that one will run at full revs and oher one will support it, you cannot have both in parrallel and run on eco mode so we will be buying the new three kva that Honda has released in the EU range,

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 421877

Reply By: Member - Garth J (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 22:38

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 22:38
I would also think that the function of the lead between the two generators is to synchronise the AC output.

A bit like all supplies feeding into the national power grid.

ie both generators are in phase with one another. Otherwise you may end up getting more than 240VRMS and your load will end up as a pile of carbon.

The whole idea to doing this is to double the current output (theoretically) and still have your 240volts.

Cheers
Garth
AnswerID: 421910

Follow Up By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 20:36

Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 20:36
FYI

Honda have informed me that the latest generators have auto sync in the inverter and all I need to do is to plug the parallel leads into the respective sockets and the Parallel facility is auto engaged and all is safe

I have interrogated the Honda rep at length and am satisified that the latest Gennys are set up for this

Seems a very simple method but apparently all quite legit

Thanks for your response
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 692382

Sponsored Links