Roof Console

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 797 Views:1779 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am going to make a roof console, I keep hearing how is is easy, does anyone have any tips or know of website where I can get information.
Thanks!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andrew Donald - Saturday, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:00
Isabel,I've considered the same project and have yet to make a start. But I have a couple of suggestions. One, when making the side panels (assuming a console that follows the centre line) you would have to "scribe" them to the shape of the interior roofline. Scribing is a process whereby you hold a piece of wood or cardboard in place on such a plane that you can use another spacer that you run along the roofline with a pencil on the other side of it to transfer the shape to the cardboard. Obviously this may be a two person job. What you should end up with is a pattern that has a straight edge and the opposite side fits the roof. It will take a couple of goes but is the best way to fit a panel to a curved line. A cabinet maker or boatbuilder will be able to advise you further. Its a difficult process to explain without demonstration or pictures. The other thing Is the mounting points which would have to be the interior light and mirror mount or front interior light which should be removed and refitted after screwing the console to their mounting points.
Good luck Andrew
AnswerID: 2255

Sponsored Links