Lotus Trooper Caravans, does any body have one, or know about them?.

I saw one of these vans on the internet, they seem to be well designed and sturdy caravan, the price is around 70k, they have off road suspension ect as well solar panels, ensuite, tunnel boot, hyland hitch, h/duty checker plate box on the draw bar and all the stuff women like inside, even leather seats ect, they are 20 footers, it would be interesting to get some feed back.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tam16 - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:01

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:01
Yep we have seen these vans and they are really nice..my husband crawled all over one and he was impressed, they are really well made and solid..we have looked at so many vans and this was our favorite..still pretty new so I'm thinking not a lot out there.
AnswerID: 422453

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 16:33

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 16:33
Yes your right, on appearance they look ok.
FollowupID: 692873

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:28

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:28
Daza, we spoke to an owner in Karumba. Had a look over it too. He was bitterly disappointed with it. Did not have a good word to say about it.

cheers

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 422456

Follow Up By: Member - mazcan - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:47

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:47
hi gone bush wa
is there any chance that you may be able to elaborate and give us a few clues and let us know why the owner was'nt happy with his lotus trooper c/van

you have left us all wondering what the problems were and why he is bitterly disapointed
cheers
FollowupID: 692841

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 16:42

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 16:42
G/Day G B

I just found a Caravan Dealer who sells them over the border at Tweed Heads, I might wander down there and have a look, I to would be interested in what problems the gentleman at Karumba had with his, seems like you are covering a bit of territory on your recent travels.

Cheers
FollowupID: 692874

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 30, 2010 at 16:02

Wednesday, Jun 30, 2010 at 16:02
OK, from memory.

A lot of cheap chipboard in the cabinet work. Drawer sliders were plastic. Shower recess leaked, bodgy repair. Cables came out of the chassis rail into the underside of the floor, outside of the chassis perimeter and were just waiting to be ripped out by a bush. There was more but a lot has occupied my mind since then.

It was a Show special so I wonder why he didn't have a good crawl over it first. Paid $61K (from asking $69K) so the lesson there is you don't get much for that sort of money.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 692976

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 30, 2010 at 19:22

Wednesday, Jun 30, 2010 at 19:22
Thanks GB

Sounds like he got a lemon, I'll still have a look at one on the weekend, just to get it out of my system, I understand they received awards from some caravan industry blah blah blah, maybe they paid them lol.
FollowupID: 692996

Sponsored Links