HR load levelers on dirt roads ?

Submitted: Friday, Jul 02, 2010 at 17:08
ThreadID: 79798 Views:2794 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I was looking at HR Weight Distribution Systems and it said somewhere "Not for off road use"

Would I be correct in assuming that would refer to serious off road driving rather than the occasional corrugated and bumpy dirt road ?

We plan to travel outback roads and some tracks but not off road.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gottabjoaken - Friday, Jul 02, 2010 at 17:26

Friday, Jul 02, 2010 at 17:26
[quote]Would I be correct in assuming that would refer to serious off road driving rather than the occasional corrugated and bumpy dirt road ?
[\quote]
Yes, you would be correct.

They mean in situations of steep angles and twisting. You do need to remove the bars before you enter steep creek beds or traverse jump ups, and this may mean backing off to a level piece of ground to make it easier to remove the bars.

However, please do use them on gravel and dirt outback roads. That is the place where you need all the traction and grip on the front wheels that you can get.

It is hard enough stopping or steering on gravel anyway, and if there is less than usual load on the front because of a trailer ball weight, then you will come unstuck very easily.

Safe travels
Ken
AnswerID: 422792

Follow Up By: D200Dug- Friday, Jul 02, 2010 at 17:36

Friday, Jul 02, 2010 at 17:36
I usually travel at a snails pace on outback roads anyway

If you go fast you miss seeing and photographing the lizards and stuff along the roadside ;-)
FollowupID: 693197

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 23:56

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 23:56
Hi Dug

We leave ours on virtually all the time. The only risk would be when crossing very deep/steep dips and crests. These have come up without warning and our bars have not suffered. For normal dirt road use you need them as much as if not more than when on the bitumen.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 423202

Follow Up By: D200Dug- Tuesday, Jul 06, 2010 at 09:41

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2010 at 09:41
Thanks

I will get a set

This place is great for checking niggling worries like this !!!!
FollowupID: 693609

Sponsored Links