Lorna Glen Station- lovely people,beautiful place, pitty some EO members broke t

Hi all ,

we are currently camped out at Lorna Glen Station hanging out and exploring with Navigator 1 in there new green beast (HUGO 1) and Craig and Louise with there son Sam.

It was very disappointing to here from Bruce, the station manager, that last week, EO members drove into a sacred site that they were specifically told not to ! Bruce had gone out there the day after and found the tyre tracks.

Very uncool guys !

You know who you are, and you not only make us as EO members feel embarrassed but tarnish the groups name as a whole.

It is hard enough that the indigenous have laid clam to the area and it is acts like this that will make it hard for these Govt run stations to continue doing such great rehabilitation projects such as the one ongoing on this station, least of all, let the public come out here and see such an amazing area.

Evan

Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Signman - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 13:35

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 13:35
Are you 'drawing a long bow' by insinuating it was EO members??
OK..so there was tyre tracks !! but thats only circumstantial.

AnswerID: 423075

Follow Up By: Member - evren1 (WA) - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 13:39

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 13:39
Bruce gave them a mud map, he knew exactly who it was, but wouldn't tell us.

No long bow Signalman, just telling it how it is mate!

Evan

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 693485

Follow Up By: Signman - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:11

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:11
So 'Bruce' told them not to go there...and then gave them a mudmap ??
FollowupID: 693488

Follow Up By: Member - William H (WA) - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:19

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:19
So Bruce gave them a "MUDMAP" and told them "NOT" to go their, that is what he would have told them,....also he look's after the place and has a lot of respect for the local people.............i will say no more.
FollowupID: 693490

Follow Up By: Member - evren1 (WA) - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:23

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:23
no signman,

the directions were given to a spot take photos and view the break aways from the track.
it was asked/requested of the party, that that they not leave the main track where the site was located nearby !

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 693492

Follow Up By: roberttbruce - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:29

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:29
tyre-tracks are a lot more than just circumstancial

leaving tyre tracks on the ground is just about the same as leaving your wallet on the ground...

tyre tracks can reveal everything about a traveller... like the brand of tyre, direction, time, load, tyre preasure, intent and even the wealth of the trespasser...

station manager would have been better of saying there was a homeless mob living out that way
FollowupID: 693494

Reply By: Member - Paul F (QLD) - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 13:57

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 13:57
Unbelievable stupidity - Where's the respect?
AnswerID: 423077

Follow Up By: Member - Old Girl (QLD) - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:25

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 14:25
Huge shame. It is a privilege not a right to traverse these places. Glad another EO member came through and hopefully gained trust for the rest of us. Thankyou Evren.
FollowupID: 693493

Reply By: get outmore - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 15:00

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 15:00
its a bit lttle known how many DEC stations are DEC managed now

I tried googling a list and came up with zip but its getting added too all the time

some recent ones i know of are credo and Warriedar
AnswerID: 423090

Reply By: Tonyfish#58 - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 16:15

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 16:15
I always find you need the other side of the story before you pass judgment. Before we condemn these people their reasons would have to be known.

It would be hard to believe they would go to all the trouble to get permission and then break the conditions.

Over the years you learn that when you say something it is not always interpreted as you think it is and likewise you sometimes interpret people the wrong way. So be fair and let it go until the 2nd story can be told.

Regards Tony
AnswerID: 423099

Follow Up By: Andrew & Jen - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 17:55

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 17:55
True
But I wonder if the other side of the story will ever see the light of day. By so doing, they will have to identify themselves (unless they do it through a proxy).
Rgds
Andrew
FollowupID: 693520

Reply By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 17:55

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 17:55
Okay lets look at the fact's,

one: if the person/s involved had an "EO" sticker on their vehicle and where giving a mud map, then guilty as charged.

two: If said vehicle did deviate from track as evidenced by "the tyre tracks", then they did. It would be unlikely two sets of people being in the same place at the same time with the same vehicle with the same tyres. i am basing this assumption on the fact that properties that large have one way in and one way out and being "DEC land" they would want to control sacred ground.

but as always it's better to get both sides of an arguement and then the person who did wrong come fourth and offer an apology to station manager and the EO forum!

AnswerID: 423120

Reply By: Member - Josh (TAS) - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 19:21

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 19:21
Can I suggest you contact Bruce and give him David and Michelles contact details. You said he knew who it was. Get him to pass on the names of the people involved onto David and Michelle. D & M can notify the people involved and hear their side of the story and let them that sort of behaviour is not accepted here. Or something like that. Without all the facts it will just become stories and gossip.

Josh
AnswerID: 423142

Follow Up By: Member - Bentaxle - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 20:20

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 20:20
Josh I whole heartedly agree, we were ut there last Friday, NO it wasn't me, it is a little piiece of paradise and to loose access because of one silly mistake really gets me going.
Mike
May the fleas of a thousand afghan camels infect the crutch of your enemy and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 693549

Reply By: Member - Morry H (WA) - Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 21:06

Monday, Jul 05, 2010 at 21:06
hi if you know who they are name them regards morry
AnswerID: 423160

Reply By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2010 at 17:58

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2010 at 17:58
Evan

were they actually EO members or someone else??

what i mean by that is i have seen EO stickers on vehicles ans have introduced myself and they have told me that they arnt EO members as that bought the vehicle with that sticker on it.

just a thought mate,cheers.
AnswerID: 423269

Sponsored Links