Supa Kool Upgrade???

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 800 Views:1958 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
What's going on? Thanks Tim and Mark for your replies, I'd love to email you if you'll forgive my ignorance and tell me how I get your addresses.
I personally rang Steve Tanner in Qld on Tuesday, and was quoted $900 which included $100 return freight (WA - Qld). Is he having a lend of me, or was there some special introductory offer? I was put on to him by an ex Supa Kool retailer, who had his own Supa Kool upgraded for $500 also. When I spluttered at the $900 quote, Steve Tanner said the $500 was a special deal for the guy to use as a display in his shop.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Graham - Saturday, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:00
Tim,

For that kind of money your better off investing in a brand new fridge and be comfortable in the knowledge it is going to do the job.

Cheers
Graham
AnswerID: 2254

Follow Up By: Tim - Saturday, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:00
Yes thanks Graham, I agree and I am currently looking at the options. I am just a bit peeved that the quote I received was nearly double the amount of the two guys who answered my first post on this forum, and curious to know why.
FollowupID: 810

Reply By: Nigel - Sunday, Mar 03, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Mar 03, 2002 at 01:00
I recently looked through a Waeco catalogue and a danfoss compressor unit alone costs around $800. Makes me think that a new fridge would be worth considering rather than an upgrade. I bought a EvaKool ED68 a while back and it's a great fridge, I once accidently left it off for 7 hours during the day while travelling and it was still cold inside. Make sure you use 6mm wiring and a decent plug (not lighter socket type) for any fridge and even heavier cabling if you get a Liemack.
AnswerID: 2262

Reply By: Austin - Monday, Apr 22, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 22, 2002 at 00:00
Tim,

I and 4 mates all bought SupaKools at the Supershow in Sydney 3 years ago, and guess what, all of us have had problems. One of the fridges has had a retrofit at a cost of $600 and the rest of us have cut our loses and moved on to other makes.
My advise is that you do the same. The guy who had the retrofit has had futher problems and now wishes that he to had cut his loses.

Hope this helps you decide which way to go.

by the way. Another person I know had problems with his SupaKool, and purely because he is using his for demo purposes (he builds storage systems for 4WDs) he got his for nothing. Go figure.
AnswerID: 3005

Follow Up By: Tim - Monday, Apr 22, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 22, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Austin for your reply. Yes I have cut my losses and purchased a new 40l Engel, we should have bitten the bullet and bought one in the first place. Not sure what to do with the SupaKool, it does cool to a certain degree, and I have been told the esky value alone is around $300 if you wanted to replace it. Anyway, I guess it'll stay in the back of the shed with all the other junk! Cheers, Tim.
FollowupID: 1175

Sponsored Links