Eildon/Big River

Submitted: Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 13:57
ThreadID: 80023 Views:3499 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi guys,

We are heading up to Big River just outside of Lake Eildon in Victoria this coming weekend. Im looking forward to landing some nice rainbows in the rivers and creeks but am more interested in getting my car dirty for the first time!

I just bort an '05 Prado and want to know if anyone knows the area and could suggest a good beginner 4wd tracks? I am heading up with a mate who has some decent experiece as well as winch/recovery gear but as my car is pretty much stock at this stage I dont want to get in over my head!

More on the car:

3ltr t/d, Auto, factory aluminium ftont bar, Cooper AT/R tyres, auto

Its got dual 90ltr diesel tanks and front spotties too. So with stock suspension and All Terrain and very little experience tyres Im limited to beginner type tracks so any suggestions where I could gain some experience in this area would be great!

Thanks!
Mat
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: archar - Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 15:53

Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 15:53
hi there buy yourself a roof top map there pretty good you will find most tracks closed for the winter but you will find a few to play on! by the way the rivers and creeks are closed to fishing at the moment you can fish eildon itself though!
cheers sam
AnswerID: 423805

Reply By: Member - warren G (VIC) - Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 19:48

Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 19:48
if you a going to drive near the lake edge just be carfull of fresh green spots or what looks like dried mud.i have seen many stuck myself included have fun anyway.cheers warren
AnswerID: 423834

Reply By: Crackles - Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 21:43

Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 21:43
Not sure how you'll go with the fishing as there's heavy rain due this week so the creeks will be running high at a guess. A interesting track worth a drive is accross the ridge from Jamieson to Matlock via Mt Terrible. May even be a little snow accross the top as well.
Cheers Craig..............
AnswerID: 423841

Reply By: stevieaus - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 08:03

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 08:03
just remember it is closed season for trout at the moment, so NO FISHING. :)
AnswerID: 423861

Sponsored Links