seeking news

Submitted: Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 14:44
ThreadID: 80025 Views:1905 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone heard from Richard W and Howard ACT travelling the CSR.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 23:15

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 23:15
A copy of Howard's post on a different forum. Hope he doesn't mind me copying it and posting it here?

"Arrived in Broome today after 3 1/2 weeks on the road
Anne Beadell was narrow and corrugated especially the SA side.lots of camels, dingos and other wild life and lots of green in the desert.3 out of 4 vehicles smashed side mirrors
spents 5 days at the exploroz gathering in Wiluna where it was cool and windy.55 cars and 125 people attended
Commenced Canning on 1 july and arrived in Halls Creek 11 days later. first 3 days were fine but we had rain for most nights the rest of the trip. dunes were nice and hard as a result but final 150 km was mostly water. visited all wells except well 50 which was somewhere in a lake of water i wasnt prepared to venture into.
wet weather meant we drove an extra hour a day only stopping about 4pm.would normally take an extra day or two as we aimed for 150km per day but did better. was good to do this trip in the 100 anniversary year. wiluna shire even gave us a special cormemorative numberplate
rain in WA saw us bypass tunnel creek and Windjarra today as road is closed. Gibb river is still open so we head up there on the weekend then onto the NT

expect to be home around 15 August
cheers
Howard"

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 423974

Sponsored Links