Earn $$$ for Treks

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 17:21
ThreadID: 8004 Views:2277 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I have just finalised a page with some information about earning $$$ for submitting trek notes to us. It is not very difficult to do and we are offering you someting in return. Check out the details on our Submit a Trekpage.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jo (NSW) - Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 17:38

Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 17:38
Love it! Excellent idea! Just a pitty you didnt announce this 2 months ago... then I would have had something to submit.

Now, a question: What is defined as a trek? I mean, is it extended travels, or also backyard trips? A days bushbashing around Yalwal or the likes? Just checking! It might be a busy summer! :-)

Johttp://www.pad.no/
A viking in a desert :-)
AnswerID: 34733

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 18:16

Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 18:16
Good question Jo - however we prefer not to bushbash anywhere, however if you have a short trek that would be of interest then of course we would be happy to get it. We have published a few days trips around the place and these are just as good as some of the longer ones. We would prefer if the trek had some purpose and points of interest other then car destruction etc but let us know and we will give you the green, orange or red light on the proposed submissions.

Hey 2 months ago did you record enough detail anyway - it does not take a huge amount to generate a trek note.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 25075

Follow Up By: Member - Jo (NSW) - Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 21:52

Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 21:52
Sounds good. I was thinking of trips that might apeal to everyday Joe. Before I went on my trip, I knew I had to test the truck to see if it was up for some beating, but I there is no info about such stuff in the notes here. Currently, coastal NSW section features 3 treks, but there are tons more. Not every trip contains significant historic scenery, but they are still good places to go, that most people dont know about. Places like Stockton is somewhere everyone go, but not because of the historic merits I reckon.

I will email you, next time Im going somewhere, too see if its of interest. Also, the OziExplorer format, that is a propertary format, right? You need to have OziExplorer to produce the files? From real time laptop mapping?

I made lots of notes on my trip, and thought about the Walkers Crossing, which is missing here, last time I checked. Only thing I noted, is that the GPS reference on Hemas map is 400m off for it though. My trip report is here

Johttp://www.pad.no/
A viking in a desert :-)
FollowupID: 25097

Reply By: Member - Glenn(VIC) - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 13:01

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 13:01
Hi David,

What sort of data would suffice? I am currently still working on my personal web page, but if you would like to have a look at the journal from our recent trip to the Red Centre via Kidman Way and Plenty Hwy, this may be what you mean.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/glennamarshall/4WDAdventures.html

CheersJust Do It!

AnswerID: 34848

Sponsored Links