Water Hose (drinking) on Reel

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:37
ThreadID: 80048 Views:2672 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone tried/used the drinking water hose (flat) on the reel? If so what are your views concerning the use and in particular fittings for taps. What price have members paid & from what distributor. Any comments & advice on drinking water hoses would be appreciated. Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 14:04

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 14:04
When I first started vanning I went to buy one of those and the guy at Camec said "Dont bother, do you really want to roll it right out every time"

I bought some of their new more pliable water hose recently and it is much better than the old white stuff with the blue stripe.
We have 4 different lengths and a double filter set and just mix and match to suit.

Also the roll up sullage hose is apparently NOT the best either as sometimes it wont pop up and the force of the water is not enough to expand it.

Others no doubt will have different views but the guy could have said nothing and cost me twice the price so must be something in it.

Just DONT USE GARDEN HOSE.

See Camec for the new soft stuff.
We just use Nylex connectors and when we roll hoses up use a male hose joiner to keep them tight.
Buy several tap connectors cos you will leave some behind eventually.
Buy the dual size ones 3/4 and 1/2 in

AnswerID: 423894

Reply By: Fred G NSW - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 14:16

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 14:16
Stayed at Gilgandra last night, and saw one used for the first time which got my interest.. Bloke next site along, unpacked it, rolled it right out, filled his tanks and then packed it up again. Didn't see him outside the van again, so didn't get the opportunity to investigate further.

My first thought was looks pretty expensive and second thought was how would one repair splits or holes. In my hose I just cut out the damaged bit and use a $3 joiner.

Good advice from Graham in his reply mate.

Fred.
AnswerID: 423897

Reply By: Member - Bruce T (SA) - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 14:57

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 14:57
We have one. We bought it because it was tidier than the plastic water hose. Attaching it was a problem at first, not now. It was our ignorance. Sure we have to unroll it all but we also had to unroll all of the blue water hose. Friends have one that they use every day as they live in their van and are travelling all over. They love it.

Bruce and Di
AnswerID: 423899

Follow Up By: OREJAP - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 18:21

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2010 at 18:21
Thanks for your views & advice Gents
FollowupID: 694369

Sponsored Links