camp site help

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 28, 2010 at 21:02
ThreadID: 80383 Views:2512 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi, Has anyone been to the "Terramungamine Reserve" camp spot just north of Dubbo NSW in the last little while, we are considering an overnight stop in a couple of weeks time and was wondering if it's still open to public.

Back when the camps 5 was printed they give it a good wrap with the red tick of approval, sure hope it's still open.

Trev6
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2010 at 21:30

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2010 at 21:30
We were there 3 weeks ago and it was packed as a group of 9 rigs from a 4WD club added to the crowd. But if they had not have been there it would have been OK with a more spacious feel. It has a loo and is only 10km out of town so Next G gets you the Internet. As an aside, the free camps are all very full - there's just too many of us baby boomers on the road!!!!... W
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 425603

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2010 at 22:19

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2010 at 22:19
We stayed a few days last October, after looking at the CPs in town and thinking NO WAY - all on or very near to major roads. Terramungamine gets very full (crowded), but a quiet spot at night. We left the caravan and commuted daily to the zoo and other attractions, and enjoyed our stay there as well as the sights of Dubbo. A couple of flush toilets with water from a tank, but no water supply for camping so you need to be self sufficient. The river is rather murky and i would not like to draw water from it for cooking, but i did swim in it to cool down after a long hot day at the zoo.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 425606

Reply By: Member - Matt & Caz H (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 06:23

Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 06:23
Hi,

Yes we have stayed here in Jan 09 very nice, by the river and loo's are looked after (paper ect).

Cheers
AnswerID: 425618

Sponsored Links