2.8td pajero towing camper with boat (tinny)...... similar stories..

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 28, 2010 at 22:12
ThreadID: 80385 Views:3570 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all.

I know people have probably been over this but im looking for advise from people who have actually done it and or have the same.

Ive a NJ 2.8TD Pajero and am looking at a off rd camper with boat (around 900kg all up) to take around oz. i know it will be fine on rd..... but what about off??

My GLS has long range tank, front air locker, 31 tires, turbo timer, elec brakes, and on and on, but just thinking how it will go in sandy areas, mud i dont mind, but its just dragging it through sand im concerned about...........

Anyone had similar experiences with similar vehicles and towing wights. The car will have a bit in it also. 2 people, dog, fridge, clothes, recovery gear, surfbords all that stuff...........

Cheers all
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OREJAP - Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:46

Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:46
I had an off road c/Trailer & a 3.2 Pajero diesel auto and went just about everywhere in it. Deserts,mountains & trips to FNQ like Fraser Island. never had a problem. If you drive the vehicle accordingly like dropping tyre pressures remember to drop the tyre pressures on your trailer too. I believe with any terrain the secret to success is tyre pressures. Remember if you get bogged or stuck have your L.H/shovel within easy reach to dig out around your diffs & tyres,maybe drop tyre pressure more, have your recovery gear close at hand (not to be unloading fridge,clothes,supplies etc just to get to snatch strap!!!) & if all else fails get the co pilot & passengers to push you out!!! Have a safe & enjoyable trip...oh....one last point....take your time coinsider your options if there is a problem & maybe even have a cooling down drink whilst you decide on what to do.
AnswerID: 425632

Sponsored Links