Powerlite Generators

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:07
ThreadID: 80390 Views:3949 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,

A friend of ours is looking for a small genny to add to her campervan to allow more time bush camping. She's on a limited budget, and has asked me what I think about Powerlite generators. Personally, I know nothing about Powerlite stuff, although a trawl through the Forum seems to indicate they carry (used to carry??) Kipor equipment.

I think she's looking at the 1KVa model. I'm happy with my Honda EU20i, but this is beyond her budget. Other than the 'you get what you pay for' line of reasoning, has anyone had any good or bad experiences with small Powerlite stuff? Any idea of its potential longevity, given reasonably light use?

Cheers.
Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dbish - Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 20:53

Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 20:53
Hi Chris, Dont actualy own one, but looking at them very simmilar to kipor which ive had for 3 yrs now & quite happy with it. ThePowerlite genny is at least a full digital sinewave with eco throttle, most of these gennys are only 1000w intermitent & about 850w continuous. & seem reasonable price. Daryl
AnswerID: 425690

Reply By: ross - Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 21:49

Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 21:49
These decisions need to be based on what your friend intends running off the generator.Some appliances need nice clean electricity(I dont know the correct terms)
A solar panel maybe another option

Not sure what her budget is ,but late model Honda and Yamaha gennies pop up for sale in classifieds all the time.
These have a long life when looked after and may have plenty left in them for a good price.

Dont know anything about Powerlite,but anything noisy will make neighbouring campers hostile
AnswerID: 425697

Reply By: Chris & Sue (Briz Vegas) - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:49

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:49
Thanks to both of you.

I'll pass on your comments.

Cheers,
Chris
AnswerID: 425745

Sponsored Links