Big trip around aust

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 804 Views:1270 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
WE HAVE COME TO A STAGE IN OUR LIFE?AND PLANING A
UNLIMITED TRIP AROUND AUSTRALIA BUT ARE UNSURE WHAT TO DO WITH OUR HOME WHILE GONE HAS ANYONE
EXPERIENCE GOOD/BAD REGARDING WHAT TO DO WITH
HOME-CONTENTS-ETC, THANKYOU TO ALL.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Chel - Monday, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:00
Do you know of anyone,family member, who would like to house sit for the duration of your holiday? They may be someone trying to save up for a deposit for their own home. There is a registered house sitter organisations that do that sort of thing professionally.
Happy travelling
AnswerID: 2274

Reply By: Keith - Monday, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:00
If you decide to leave your house vacant for more than 60 days, I suggest that you check your home & contents insurance policy. Some policies provide no cover, or limited cover, unless the company is notified in writing and then agrees to cover the property for the period of your absence.
AnswerID: 2281

Reply By: maurie - Friday, Mar 08, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Mar 08, 2002 at 01:00
I asked my insurance company (RACQ) some time ago about the insurance conditions if our house was unoccupied for more than 60 days. At first they were evasive and said I would have to tell them when the house would be unoccupied and then they said they MAY extend the insurance. When pushed further they verbally told me that the following conditions would apply. The lawns would have to be mowed regularly, the gardens would have to be looked after, any junk mail or free newspapers would have to me cleaned regularly and a relative or security company rep would have to walk through the house every two weeks. If that was done and written application was made they MAY cover the house. A case of take your money but not the risk.
AnswerID: 2328

Sponsored Links