nissan warranty

have a 2009 patrol st l. paid extra for leather trim . 6 months old 15000k last 9000k in june trip to cooktown. noticed a depression on driver door sill trim , where i sometimes rest my arm. no padding in a 3inch diam patch. think plastic trim will probable crack as soon as out of warranty. took car to dealer who took photes and sent to nissan, suggested might be wear and tear.. rubbish. question ... if i dont get a favorable responce from nissan what is my next step??
has the dealer a legal responcibility or only nissan..thank you for your views
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: miandering fiander - Saturday, Jul 31, 2010 at 21:00

Saturday, Jul 31, 2010 at 21:00
Your next step would be the office of fair trading.
I would let them know about your problem before you get an answer back so you can move straight to step 2.
AnswerID: 425857

Reply By: Bazooka - Saturday, Jul 31, 2010 at 21:15

Saturday, Jul 31, 2010 at 21:15
Bill
Years ago I was having problems with regular failure of the oil pressure sender unit on my Patrol. Eventually wrote to Customer Service Mgr at Nissan (then Evan Green). Response was immediate - the dealer was told to provide me a new unit from a turbo diesel at no cost. New unit didn't fail again, so I suspect they knew it was a problem. So that might be an option.

You would however expect that the dealer you bought the truck from would be your friend, at least initially. I'd try the salesman first, then the dealer manager. For warranty, dealers rely on the manufacturer to reimburse their warranty work.

If no reasonable response try consumer affairs. Assume you have compared yours to other similar trucks?
AnswerID: 425858

Reply By: 78OLL - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 08:30

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 08:30
I know your pain, I'm just going through a similar thing with Nissan in regards to a faulty MAF sensor. My 07 wagon is still under warranty and I had to fork out $300 to replace the sensor after the dealership wouldn't do anything. So I'm heading down the same path of contacting Fair Trading but I'm still in the process of getting all my info together.

I gave my dealership the option of doing the right thing but they kept 'closing the door' so now I have to go higher

Good luck
AnswerID: 425872

Follow Up By: Member - Patrick (QLD) - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 08:49

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 08:49
Funny how the dealers don't want to know about you once the sale has gone through.

It's no wonder people don't like dealing with them.

Patrick

FollowupID: 696412

Follow Up By: Patrol22 - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 12:34

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 12:34
I don't think that applies to all dealers.......I have to say that my local Nissan dealer in Canberra (Lennock Motors) has been excellent. Quick, courteous service and they even follow-up every now and then to see if the truck is still going OK.
FollowupID: 696425

Follow Up By: Member - Patrick (QLD) - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 14:36

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 14:36
You may be one of the lucky ones!

We have owned a number of Nissans over the past 30 years and I have got to say that the dealers have not been very attentive to our needs.

I have my Patrol and the wifes Pulsar serviced by my local mechanic.

Patrick

FollowupID: 696446

Follow Up By: Skippy In The GU - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2010 at 18:29

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2010 at 18:29
I saw a guy once clean a MAF sensor by using a can of brake fluid cleaner and it worked. The problem he had was the MAF sensor got dusty and even Nissan's couldn't find the problem to why the car just died as he drove down the road.
They wanted to change the Turbo for $4000 which didn't guarantee this was the problem
Also it is best to use the oily coated air cleaner element which does a better job then the non oily coated air cleaner element.
For my understanding the 4.2 patrols have the oily coating and the 3 litres are supplied with the dry type.
FollowupID: 696755

Reply By: chips59 - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 19:46

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 19:46
Im another that has been done by the local Nissan dealer, But My last neighbor was the same but he did drive his patrol into the service dept. and blocked off the way in and out. He stayed there nearly the whole day not letting anything more until finally the police dragged him off.
Ended up doing the same thing next day but this time he had today tonight standing by if the police were called again.
He is the only person I know to get everything he wanted fixed and a lone car for as long as it takes to do it free of charge.

cheers

Shane.
AnswerID: 426007

Sponsored Links