Cleaning Exterior Vinyl

Hi
Has anyone found anything that really works to clean the padded vinyl around the boot? We have tried vinyl cleaner, awning cleaner, tar & spot remover, Jif & washing up liquid but none of them work very well.

Thanks

David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Patrick (QLD) - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 08:38

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 08:38
I have used metho to get rid of tar spots on the padded section and it has worked well. Sometimes you need to soak the area or redo it as they can be stubborn!

Before we go anywhere in the van I always spray either lanolin or Armoral so to create a film that makes cleaning a lot easier.

Good luck with the cleaning.

Patrick

AnswerID: 425873

Follow Up By: Member - mazcan - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 14:19

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 14:19
hi dje
i have been using truck wash and ct18 and simular for over 30 yrs and it worked for me on anything on several vehicles over that period

mix it richer to get bad stains /grease and dirt off and even leave overnight and then re scrub and wash off throughly it wont hurt anything
it will even get off the red from the n/west dirt

interior/exterior ive cleaned my canvas tents and vinyls with it and then reseal the canvass with the right sealer to stop the water going through it
my tents have been up north a few times but dont have red dirt on them thanks to truck wash

great underneath the 4x4 spray on and high pressure off after leaving overnight also engine and trans /diff etc
also when i know im going beach driving i spray a heap of it up under the 4x4 before the trip it helps a treat to keep the salty sand at bay
my mazda's over 13yrs old and been on the beach many times and still no rust in the body panels
cheers
FollowupID: 696443

Reply By: Member - Dennis P (Scotland) - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 09:34

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 09:34
Hi David,

Try Truckwash, CT18, I think it is called.
Spray it on, brush it in and leave it to dry then hose off.
Repeat if necessary.

I have used it over the years on my camper and caravan vinyl and have found it to be the best. Works well on every surface, to be honest.
Big plus, is that is really doesn't harm whatever you are washing.

Cheers,
Dennis

AnswerID: 425882

Follow Up By: OREJAP - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 10:18

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 10:18
Yep. I agree. Great on the engine bay of the vehicle too.
FollowupID: 696417

Follow Up By: farouk - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 14:18

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 14:18
Try WD 40 on tar spots, works a treat
Colin
FollowupID: 696442

Sponsored Links