Outta White Cliffs now...

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 08:51
ThreadID: 80448 Views:3005 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gday...
Well we got out of White Cliffs yesterday morning. White Cliffs road to Wilcannia not officially open but local traffic using it. There was still water over the road in four places - first three only about 4" deep but Bunker Creek was still about 150metres wide and about 10" deep.
We stopped and walked across to check it out and the sealed road was firm although it was still pretty deep over the road itself so used the extended verge. There ended up four of us - two 4x4s and another two with vans - so we all watched each go across. No problems and we were on our way. Spent last night in Cobar before pushing off to Bourke probably Tuesday.
All dirt roads around White Cliffs are expected to be closed for at least 3-4 days - the whole NW of NSW really damp now so best to come back to the area in a month or so - weather will be much warmer as well :-)
Cheers

Julie & John

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Marion - Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 12:08

Sunday, Aug 01, 2010 at 12:08
hello, good to hear that all is well and your both safe and dry, cheers Marion
Talawana
VKS Selcall 2691

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 425898

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 16:58

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 16:58
Although there is not a hell of a lot to do in White Cliffs, it is a very pleasant place to spend a few days.. I can think of a few worse places to be stuck.. Good to see you are on your way.. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 425985

Sponsored Links