evacool warranty

I found out something interesting today about the evacools that they dont seem to advertise and that is, they advertise the evacools have a 5 year comprehensive warranty on everything...however they dont tell you that the fridge after 2 years has to be serviced by a qualified service agent every year after to keep the 5 year warranty i only found this out after talking to the service providers re:buying an evacool..i also asked the sales manager in BCF about this and he hadent heard of this,so he rang them only to be told the same,just thought I would pass this on..cheers Alan..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul F (QLD) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 07:40

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 07:40
Good info Alan - Ta
AnswerID: 426044

Reply By: Maîneÿ . . .- Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 09:05

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 09:05
Wonder what 'service' the fridge could be given ?

As I understand it the compressor is sealed and there are no other moving parts.

Yes, the gas pressure can be checked but what other 'service' can be done?

What are the ‘service’ requirements on other brands of fridges with the same compressor?

Maîneÿ . . .
AnswerID: 426050

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 14:33

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 14:33
Good Point..
FollowupID: 696639

Follow Up By: dbish - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 16:30

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 16:30
Since the system is a sealed unit it shouldnt be low in gas unless there is a leak, the best they could do for a service is blow out dust!! Daryl
FollowupID: 696648

Reply By: Evakool - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:56

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:56
This is the first line from the warranty statement included with every fridge / freezer this relates to; As this is a portable unit subject to a variety of different operating conditions the purchaser is obliged under this warranty to have the unit regularly inspected by an approved Evakool service agent, as prescribed in the attached service record.

The compressor and refrigeration system is sealed, but there are other things that are checked in a service, again taken from the paperwork included with the fridge.
- Clean condenser and fan (the condenser isn't always cleaned out of dust and debris which can stop the unit working efficiently)
- Visual check to make sure every connection is still tight and nothing is rubbing (can be caused by varying conditions)
- Test run unit (checking for amp draw and fan is free to move and make sure unit gets cold / cools down to temperature)

The service is mainly a general check-up / preventive maintenance.
Similar to a log book service on a car, you may not need your oil changed every 10,000 or 15,000 km but it gets done anyway instead of just driving until your car stops which then normally takes a lot more time and money to fix, and in reference to warranty, normally won't be covered.
AnswerID: 426148

Sponsored Links