Coromal Poptop Caravan

Hello All - I am new to the caravan world and would like to ask questions on a Coromal Caravans.. I have the chance to buy a 1989 17 ft but l don't know much about them. If anyone has any comments on them ,I would love to here from them ..Thank You
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: aggie - Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 14:38

Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 14:38
Hi Marcus'
Coromal caravans are excellent purchase good quality for money,sturdy,tow well.
i have a very pragmatic mate he would not own anything else. Like all caravans a bit short on bench space.
AnswerID: 426618

Follow Up By: Markcus - Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 20:43

Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 20:43
Thank u - i will keep looking into this
FollowupID: 697233

Reply By: didiaust - Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 17:36

Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 17:36
G'day Marcus

We can't fault our 17' Coromal poptop. Not a cheap and nasty finish like some brands

Have you compared prices in the yards and on the net and in the papers?

The van is 21 years old so you may have to start doing some repairs

Good luck with your entry to caravaning

Di
AnswerID: 426633

Follow Up By: Markcus - Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 20:41

Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 20:41
Hello Di
Thank you for your comment. - I have look around on Ebay and a few caravan yards and found that the Pop top that I'm looking at is priced very very cheap (private seller) but am concerned that the Pop top is 21 yrs old and it will bring me problems.
It has independent suspension which i don't know anything about and I'm hoping that i might be able to raise it to suit my car (4X4) and make sure it clears my driveway ( i have a ramp at the start of the driveway).

Thank u again
FollowupID: 697232

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 18:17

Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 18:17
Hi Markcus, we don't have a Coromal Pop Top, ours is a Jayco. I have no doubt about the quality of build of the Coromal product, they are very good & if you were to purchase it I doubt that you would be dissapointed.

An observation on a recent "tyre kicking" exercise to Van yards & in particular the Coromal dealer on the Central Coast of NSW was that the Coromal Pop Tops, new & second hand, offered a low head height as you entered & exited the door. I am 6' tall and found the need to duck my head & in fact the Pop Top variety had a built in "cushion" just above the top of the door frame to prevent injury.
It's just a comment, I don't see a problem with it & imagine you would soon get used to it.
If your intended purchase still looks to be in good nick, go for it. When you look at the mechanics of a van, Pop Top or otherwise, there is, unlike a motor vehicle, not a terrible lot that suffers from mechanical wear & tear.
You will enjoy the caravanning lifestyle, so good luck.
AnswerID: 426639

Follow Up By: Markcus - Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 20:43

Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 20:43
Thank you for your comment
FollowupID: 697234

Reply By: guy007 - Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 17:18

Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 17:18
Hi Marcus,
The independent suspension uses radius arms instead of trailing arms and pivots from towards the van middle.These are supported by leaf springs. Would not be easy to lift as would cause excessive positive camber on the wheels. Much like the old Volkswagen Beetle. You could lower it but not raise it. Apart from that they are a good van and the suspension has proved itself over time. This is from a Jayco owner!!
Happy Trails
Guy
AnswerID: 426762

Sponsored Links