back from heaven

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 21:08
ThreadID: 8083 Views:1505 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
hello all , almost geat to be back . is the 4x4 show meeting still happening ?? tomorrow ??Venus Bay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mad Dog Morgan (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 21:26

Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 21:26
See post 7957My Best Mates
Hooroo
Ray
AnswerID: 35107

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 21:31

Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 21:31
Welcome back Eric........
Dont even tell me about it... hehehehhee..... Just kidding..._____________________________________________

Reply By: Member - Eric- Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 21:52

Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 21:52
Had a ball . We Started at Able point , picked up our scimitar 1100 , ( 11 meter chatamarang ) We visited , the following ,
South Mole island
Turtle Bay
Hamilton island
Long island ( Palm Bay )
Whitehaven beach
East cost of Whitsunday island
Hook Passage
Nara inlet
Stonehaven bay

Handing back the boat today was very hard , I would say this was one of the best experiences in my life ,
Venus Bay
AnswerID: 35113

Follow Up By: Member - Liz- Sunday, Oct 26, 2003 at 06:54

Sunday, Oct 26, 2003 at 06:54
Eric, hope you don't mind if I pick your brain a bit about your trip- it sounds similar to one that we want to do next year.
1.Did you share the boat with anyone else (i.e. another family or your own kids) to keep the costs down?
2.Did you already know how to sail a catarmaran?
3.Would you do anything different next time?
4.What sort of money were you looking at?
5.Would you recommend the sailing company you used?
It certainly sounds like you had a ball-we can't wait for our big trip next year!
FollowupID: 25379

Follow Up By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Oct 26, 2003 at 09:19

Sunday, Oct 26, 2003 at 09:19
I dont mind at all . The catamaran I had was a power boat not a sail boat , when I go back again , I will do the same again. I dont want to take anything away from the sail boats , but it seamed like to much work for a holiday . I noticed that trhe sail boats struggled on some days to find wind to sail , and if you wanting to travel opposoti the wind then forget it , re plan you trip again and again. I traveled with only my wife , and in 6 days we only used $160. 0f diesel . The costs are around $500 a day for the boat . Flights there and back , fuel , food , morring fees , ect , allow arround 6 k for 6 days . When I go back I will be doing it with another friend who did it at the start of the year . I would keep it at 4 people max .
The companie I used was Queensland Yacht Charters , I highly recoment them , The travel agent was HB travel who you can contact on www.airleighbeach.com.au , Toni was the girl that organized everything for me .
All the places we went to we great , You must visit , Hamilton ( party party party lol . Try and do it later on in the trip , since you can pick up provisions and water there . I found palm bay a little expensive at $ 95 for the night with no jetty , power ect ,
I was very happy with my boat , she was called the Genesis , I recoment this boat , since most people we met were jelouse when comming on board , she had everyng you could want , 2 double berths , 2 single berths , and a dinning table that becomes a double berth also . The supplie a motorised dingy to get to shore with , a full galley , with oven and all . TV video ( we didnt even turn it on ) a huge outside deck , with a table to sit 8 people lol , 1 fridge inside and a deep fridge outside .
I will have to say it was one of the best holidays I have even had . If you need more info or anything is unclear please feel free to contact me on wholesalecars@optusnet.com.auVenus Bay
FollowupID: 25381

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 22:45

Saturday, Oct 25, 2003 at 22:45
Dont bother going ... Went tonight, and its a farce...

Theres stalls selling kids toys with NOTHING to do with 4wd, camping or anything like that..

RIP
The Genuine 4wd show.
AnswerID: 35120

Follow Up By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Oct 26, 2003 at 09:20

Sunday, Oct 26, 2003 at 09:20
will you be there truckster ?? whats your stand called ??Venus Bay
FollowupID: 25382

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Oct 26, 2003 at 20:56

Sunday, Oct 26, 2003 at 20:56
Nissan Patrol club, it would be a miracle if you found it...
We got rectum enlarged by the 4wd association on our placement, it was behind nothing.. nobody knew we were there.
FollowupID: 25412

Follow Up By: Member - Liz- Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 23:00

Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 23:00
Eric,thanks for your reply. It has definitely helped us with our planning for next year. We'll keep all your advice in mind!
FollowupID: 25531

Sponsored Links