Light Horse Mini Generator

Submitted: Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 07:35
ThreadID: 8110 Views:4040 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I first saw these generators in the advertisers section of numerous 4WD Mags and decided to purchase a unit in February 2003 for a trip to Cape York in May 2003.

It failed within 15minutes of the initial startup so I rang the importer / repairer who promised if the generator was mailed to them I would have it back within 1 week.

The generator is imported; distributed and repaired through Mr Alan Thomas of A & H Import - Exports of Mt Gambier S.A.

To this day, after many phone calls I still haven't seen my generator. Action was attempted through Consumer Affairs to no avail.

Has anyone got any suggestions how I get the generator returned to me ?

V8 Diesel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 09:07

Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 09:07
V8 how far do you live from mt gambier . If not to far pay a visit .I had a similar problem with a high pressure sprayer it went on for about a year them me and a few mates went to visit the supplier we were nice and freindly and very polite .With in 5 minutes I had a new sprayer and was up graded to a better modle and 1000 appoliges from him. As I said we were very polite .
All the best
EricCape York Connections
AnswerID: 35210

Reply By: Ross - Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 10:20

Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 10:20
Sound like you have effectively lost your $. The only practical thing to do is to spread the word. Why not write to the magazines that carry his adverts? Another thought, call your credit card people and have the transaction reversed.
AnswerID: 35214

Reply By: chrisfrd - Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 17:31

Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 17:31
I had the same thing happen to me by Globalstar service. They took a phone in for repair and then vandalised it before returning it.

I wrote a nice semi-legal letter explaining the situation and threatening legal action, they admitted no liability and sent me a brand-new phone.

The right amount of force can work wonders! Try the nice letter way, then get Fair trading involved, followed up by small-claims action.

Ross, Advertisers and such won't really care and won't really know about the claims of their clients, as if they did, then the Finch fuel catalyst would be the first product being killed-off for potentially misleading advertising.

Chris.
AnswerID: 35275

Reply By: Mick - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:59

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:59
Hi, we build the outback battery charger here in australia, and we have had many calls from people telling us the light horse has failed, and could not get it fixed.
These people had to forget about it and put up with the loss.
This is a problem if you travel to remote areas and have to rely on the unit.
However with our battery chargers we can post a complete new one to the nearest post office anywhere in australia within a few days so your holiday wont be ruined.
We have already done this once to bamaga QLD(cost us a packet!), but on the return of the old charger we found nothing wrong!

Dont rely on cheap imported products.
Good luck, maybe you have to put the heavy on the shop you purchased it from!
AnswerID: 35355

Sponsored Links