Scratin me ead ?

Submitted: Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 16:35
ThreadID: 8127 Views:1911 Replies:6 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Where to put the Portable Toilet...........
It sure as hell not coming inside the 100 series and I don’t fancy it above my head on the way up to the roof rack, does any body know where I can get a good axle and hitch setup to tow one of these things??? Lol. Yeah I know the shovel and ditch the dunny but the 18 yo daughter threw that at me in disgust !!

Keep Left

Bill
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Russell Terrano - Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 17:15

Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 17:15
Its the same problem we all face.

I saw a guy on Kangaroo Island towing a portable bathroom/kitchen complex. It was a home made (well built) 8*4 box say 6 foot high, one side that lifts up as a roof for the outdoor ktichen (exposes kitchen), The rear of the trailer sports a full door which exposes the porta potti/ shower, clothes storeag and Vanity/mirror with lotsa fluro lights. He store the camping gear in the same space when travelling.

Thats what you call over kill.

Some guys like me will do anything to keep the women comfortable so they keep travelling.

Me, I bought a caravan. (PP fits in bench seat.)
AnswerID: 35274

Reply By: Brad - Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 21:22

Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 21:22
mine goes in the campertrailer
regards,
brad
AnswerID: 35311

Reply By: Tony - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 08:43

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 08:43
Whats wrong with a fold up frame and seat all in one, you clip a garbage bag onto seat, place over deep hole, when leaving camp site drop bag into hole along with some paper or dry grass, seat alight and when burnt out fill in hole.

By burning nothing will dig it up.
AnswerID: 35345

Follow Up By: koh - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:53

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:53
That’s a good idea actually, thought about those fold up seats and didn’t think much of them but with the garbage bag idea, that would work.

cheers

Bill

FollowupID: 25554

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:41

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:41
How about an attachment that slides in the towbar, with a seat on it??

If she cant handle the shovel and hole, thats her problem... What does she expect in the bush? Maybe tow a portaloo for didums? Whats the problem!?!!

AnswerID: 35380

Follow Up By: koh - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 15:47

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 15:47
Yeah shes a bit of a softy but a good kid,, off subject a bit but a while ago you replied to a Q I had about dash pods.. i went with that mob you were talking about. arives Friday , will let you know how it goes.

Keep left

Bill
FollowupID: 25584

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 14:57

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 14:57
We use a little item called the 'Jimmys Thunder Box', it folds up flat and gets stored away in a bag in the trailer, Got it from a camping store here in vic.

Saw an excellent toilet/shower tent at the 4x4 show the other day, self supporting, canvas and nice and large, i think it was made by southern cross canvas? about $140. very nice for the ladies......Life is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
AnswerID: 35409

Follow Up By: koh - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 15:44

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 15:44
G-day Bradley
Had a look at the Jimmys Thunderbox, i have seen them before and seem pretty good, Im having a look on the Southern cross website to see if i can find a pic of the shower tent, a good canvas one would be the go, i have seen a couple that are made of that flimsy nylon material and are those hoop frame sets that when setting up go POOOOOOPH and their up ! but when it comes to folding them away, yeah right!. I had one of those dome beach tent things the kids played in on the lawn. 6 months went by befor we got to fold that up, and then it was in half and on the ute to the tip..

cheers
Bill
FollowupID: 25583

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 16:28

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 16:28
Yeah, i saw those units that pop up as well, too small and flimsy, not to mention the drama involved packing it up . The canvas unit was about 71/2 feet high and about 4 foot square, had two side poles with a cross piece which the top corners of the tent attached to with occy cord. If it isn't windy you would not even have to peg it down, just a rock or two on the corners. Looks like it would last a lifetime too. A small cost to get the ladies on side....lol... See ya , bradLife is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
FollowupID: 25588

Reply By: Member - Ken - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 22:37

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 22:37
Koh,

I purchased a port-a-poti to ensure that I could get the 'minister for harmonious relations' to travel/camp. It was used once an replaced by a Jimmy's Thunderbox.

Also much research and searching went into one of those spring loaded pop up
do-das, however when informed that the erecting and folding up of same was the 'minister for harmoniuos relations' responsibility, guess what?

Yep! a Jimmy's Thunderbox behind a nice bush suffices very well.

It's an excellent setup and great on the knees.

Regards

Ken Robinson
AnswerID: 35490

Sponsored Links