Tyres/wheels for Terrano

Submitted: Monday, Oct 27, 2003 at 22:57
ThreadID: 8135 Views:1523 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday fellow Terrano import owners
I'm looking at replacing the tyres on my vehicle (1992 import) and want to know if anyone has fitted 10R's or similar (255/15's ??).
I'm not too worried about getting into the "which tyres are the best" thing as I would like to know if I should stick with the 235's on my 6" rims, or go up to 7" wheels and the larger tyres.
I have already raised both front and rear but am interested to know who has done what with regard to rubber.
How does the clearance go etc??
Cheers
OskarMrs Oskar on Big Red
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 17:56

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 17:56
What do you do with the car, will say if you should go larger or not....

Smaller thinner have advantages too.
AnswerID: 35434

Reply By: Jimmy - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 21:18

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 21:18
Hiya Oscar

Thanks for all the help over the last couple of months with the overheating issue etc
I looked into increasing the size of the tyres on my terrano when the rears wore out
I went to three different stores trying to get some advice. I had seen all sorts of vehicles that had obviously had much larger tyres put on than the ones they were born with so was very surprised to find that it is illegal to put a tyre on a vehicle that has a larger diameter( within a very small percentage) than the original
Tht tyre guys were not even interested in discussing it with me. I needed the tyres that day (long weekend headed to cooloola) so settled for the same size but only bought two forthe rear. I guess that means everybody running around with oversized tyres must be driving illegal vehicles Wonder what that means for insurance etc.
I bought Cooper A/Ts at $190 (I think) a pop and promptly drove to Cairns and through to Cooktown and Back. About 5000klm on tarmac and 600 or so off road (sand and gravel roads) Had a look at the tyres and you could still see a faint bump where the little wavy tag things that you get on a new tyre, were. These were on the rear though
Did you see my follow up to your reply from my question the other day about a sub radiator fitted to terranos destined for Australia? Post 8023

Cheers Jim
AnswerID: 35478

Sponsored Links