Vermin at Limeburners

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 02:02
ThreadID: 8136 Views:1443 Replies:14 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, Just a note to let you all know of some vermin we spotted at Limeburners Flat this weekend. We were extremely lucky to be camped in the same location as 4-5 other vehicles and their associated trail bikes and quad bikes. These people who have been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool spent the weekend ripping this great area to pieces. It wasn't bad enough that it rained a bit and gave them a great surfcae to slide around on - they lined the back of one of their utes with a tarp and filled it with water from the creek only to transport the water nearer to their campsite and dump it to do burnouts in. To top this off they chased wallabies across the paddock on the quads, set off firearms and generally made absolute rectums of themselves. Needless to say with alcohol and firearms together, my friends and I didn't venture over to explain the virtues of tread lightly to them. The bright side of this is that I have surreptisiously taken many photos of this happening in the act as well as damage after they left. We also gained a few number plate details and the culprits will hopefully get the treatment they deserve. Even with all of this we still mamanged to have a great time doing nothing but drinking a few beers around the campfire and talking the usual rubbish only 4 guys on a trip can.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Coops (Pilbara) - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 04:35

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 04:35
hope they get their just dessertsAllyn
Where to next ?
AnswerID: 35343

Reply By: JimB - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 07:33

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 07:33
Ay Dave,

Did you report them to the police mate? This sort of stuff really narks me. You get a few drongos go and bugger up the countryside. They scare off the wildlife (we enjoy wombat spotting around there and other places like Dingo Dell, Newnes, Bendeela etc) and we (responsible enjoyers of the bush) get the blame and then get locked out of these areas. There are idiots on bikes and there are idiots in 4WDs. Perhaps a suitable response should be that after a couple of warnings/ fines their vehicles get confiscated for certain periods, so they can't get to the good spots, rather than us all getting penalilsed for their stupidity.

JimB
AnswerID: 35344

Reply By: Luke - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 08:45

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 08:45
Well done Dave,

Please please tell us you've reported these SOB's to the authorities :-)

Idiots like these really deserve to be locked up far far away.....

;-)
AnswerID: 35346

Follow Up By: hoyks - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:09

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:09
Send the tape to the land managers. Buggerem.
FollowupID: 25550

Reply By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:06

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:06
Skip the warnings. Its blatant environmental vandalism and deserves a long and harsh jail term followed up by hours of community service (preferably in bush regeneration and wildlife care). Its completely unfair that the majority of people who respect the bush and wildlife and who do tread lightly cop the blame and resulting penalties imposed as a result of the irresponsible actions of a few toilet dwellers.
AnswerID: 35349

Reply By: GQfisho - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:10

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:10
shame,shame,shame....
I to enjoy camping in this area with friends. Just report them to the proper authorities, hopefully it will be dealt with severely...especially if there was improper use of firearms.
If you knew there would be no backlash from the greenies towards all 4wders you could always try the public shaming through any current affairs show...
AnswerID: 35358

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:21

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:21
The sad thing is, even with all this evidence, they will claim a bad childhood, and get off scott free..

Hang them by the testicles and beat them like a mexican party thing you beat the ass out of till it explodes.
AnswerID: 35373

Follow Up By: Bazza - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:26

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:26
G'Day Truckster,
I agree with you totaly ........... but remind me not to accept a invitation to any of your parties. ouch!
Regards,
Bazza.
FollowupID: 25557

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 19:20

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 19:20
U mean a piniata T-Man, nah I reckon we sound beat em like a Namibian rugby teamLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 25618

Reply By: athol - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 13:11

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 13:11
Dave, I know what it's like, a few years ago we were camped at one end of Limeburners with the family (2 Littlies) when a club turned up with about 20 vehicles , no problems . But then some started to see how far up the side of the mountain they could get,causing all sorts of damage, the next day they decided to set up a test track in and out of the creek which looked to be an organized type event ( for want of a better word) still causing heaps of damage. Needless to say the peace was bleep tered and had to keep the kids in camp at all times. Is it any wonder they want to lock these places up. Which would be a shame as its so lovely down there.
Athol.
AnswerID: 35387

Follow Up By: Richard - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 22:16

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 22:16
Athol,

Most of us in the 4WD club/association movement do the right thing and are succesfully lobying government bodies for re-admission to closed areas.
FollowupID: 25642

Reply By: Ross - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 13:41

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 13:41
Send the pics to the Nat pks.

These are the people who cause us to be locked out!
AnswerID: 35395

Reply By: Shaker - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 15:12

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 15:12
I live near Walhalla in Victoria, 3 camping areas in the Donnelly Creek area have just been closed for exactly the same reasons! They say they will regenerate them & then reopen them .....BUT if it happens again they will be closed for good.
So definitely report them!
AnswerID: 35412

Reply By: David N. - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 15:30

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 15:30
Sadly, I bet they will have nothing done at all - even if they had been caught in the act by the cops.
Scum like that ruin it for us all- and give 4WDers a bad name- it gets blamed on the 95% who have commonsense- and a conscience.
Anyway, I hope (though doubt) that your evidence does some good. Cheers
AnswerID: 35413

Reply By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 17:59

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 17:59
Last time we were up that way we were told that Nat Parks is going to close Limeburners for just reason.Regards Bob
Where to next
AnswerID: 35436

Reply By: Floyd - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 18:41

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 18:41
Hi all

I suspect that both the police and National Parks would not investigate the incidents to closely.

Would you be prepared to put some of the photos you took on this site. Preferably ones that others may be able to identify the offenders with. It may be a way of making people think before they do stupid things.

Regards Floyd
AnswerID: 35447

Follow Up By: Dave - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 23:58

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 23:58
I would have no problem in sending photos to David & Michelle to place on the site as they wish. They would need to ok this before I would consider it.

Dave
FollowupID: 25655

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:16

Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:16
I wish we could do something however privacy and the rule that you are innocent before guilty could put us in a very bad position. I would suggest that the National Parks and local police are the only people who could follow up such action.

If I could be indemnified from prosecution then I would do it in a flash. But alais this would not be the case. Please let us know if you do in fact get anywhere with the NP or Police. I would like to publish some details on the way that offenders can be reported, this to me would be good for the industry.

If there are any Police or NP staff reading this how about letting us know what the go is for reporting this type of offence.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 25691

Reply By: jackablue - Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:19

Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:19
Get these photos to someone with authorioty that can help us respectable 4wders. If they did this on the road they would be fined or their vehicle impounded. They don't close the roads!

I plan on going there next month if the track is not closed.

Cheers

Jackablue
AnswerID: 35557

Reply By: Member - Colin (ACT region) - Thursday, Oct 30, 2003 at 00:13

Thursday, Oct 30, 2003 at 00:13
I have only been to Limeburners a couple of times, but judging by the mess the area is in I would say this behaviour happens quite often.

But unless someone is prepared to report the incident to the authorities, nothing will change !

I haven't seen any more feedback on the same type of behaviour that happened at Bendethera ??Subaru Forester
size isn't everything !
AnswerID: 35663

Sponsored Links