superior shackles

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 22:08
ThreadID: 8157 Views:1417 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I've been looking at these for awhile...
they just won the best product under $500 in the 4wdmonthly reviews (how much weight you give that is up to you)
I've scanned the archive and the question has been asked a few times but no real answers...
has anyone got these fitted? if so, what's your thoughts?
any suspension wizards have views on them?

cheers,

KG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hero - Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:55

Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:55
I have not had any experience with Superior Shackles, but my view on the whole topic is that a shackle is a shackle. As long as its parallell, Greasable, rust proof, and the right size, they do what they are designed to do.
I may be proven wrong on this...

Just would be careful not to spend too much on something that has irrelevant quality.

Know plenty of guys with cheapo shackles and no problems, concentrate on the bushes and correct fitment of the whole assembly.
AnswerID: 35564

Follow Up By: pathfinder - Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 13:08

Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 13:08
they're not just another shackle. They are a jointed shackle which enables them to move in more than one direction, thus greatly enhancing wheel articulation. I'd buy them tomorrow if I had a leaf-sprung vehicle...
FollowupID: 25697

Reply By: Tony - Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 16:11

Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 16:11
We fitted a pair to my brothers '86 Hilux. Oh what a difference it has made to wheel travel and articulation. We havent been able to test it fully as the front doesnt work as well as it should and we are worried about rolling the hilux. Next weekend we are rectifying the front end issue with shock hoops, longer shocks and new leaf springs and then we are expecting to see the full benefits of the extra travel/articulation of the rear with superior shackles.

BTW the quality of the product is superb and they are excellent to deal with eg. answering any questions and delivery of shackles was asap.

Hope that helps

Tony
AnswerID: 35598

Sponsored Links