Moreton Camping next week

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:31
ThreadID: 8166 Views:1311 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
MYself and acouple of mates and our fathers are heading over to Moreton next Friday and are wondering where the best beach camping sites are.

We haven't been over there since i was a kid about 20 years ago and I remember camping up towards the northern end of the beach side near the large creek and the entrance to the freshwater lake. Is it still in good condidtion around there as fresh water is always good to wash off in after messing around in the sand and surf.

Also are the Tailor still running up the coast or have we missed out?

All help appreciated,

Charlie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - NOBBY - Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 11:49

Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 11:49
There are camp sites all up and down the surf beach. the Rangers have put in fresh water taps every 5k or so, so water is no problem. At the moment the wind is from the south east and would blow a dog off a chain, so Yellow patch might be a good alternative. If the wind is still strong you won't be able to fish main beach for tailor so you might have to fish the rocks at the cape( be very careful if you do). Like all fishing " You should have been here last week". Take some Pillys and see what happens. You have got a better chance of catching a fish with a bait in the water than on the turps in the tent. Enjoy your trip.
AnswerID: 35549

Reply By: Member - Oskar(Bris) - Thursday, Oct 30, 2003 at 11:43

Thursday, Oct 30, 2003 at 11:43
Try Eagers creek camping area about half-way down on the ocean side.
It offers some protection from ocean breezes and has water toilets etc.
Have fun
OskarThe real oskar
AnswerID: 35688

Sponsored Links