Recovery Hook for 2003 Holden Rodeo

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 21:52
ThreadID: 8188 Views:2150 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have a new Holden Rodeo CrewCab 2003 RA Model. I have had fitted a TJM T15 Bullbar. I need to fit a recovery hook suitable for snatching to the front of the vehicle. I visited a TJM outlet and ended up with a crew looking under the front of the vehicle however noone could locate a suitable place to mount the recovery hook. There is a section where the bullbarmounts however for liability reasons it is suggested not to make any modifications to the Bull bar as it air bag approved and should not be modified.

If anyone knows best where to mount a recovery hook to this model vehicle, or alternatively can advise of an engineering shop that could fit something at an affordable price it will be greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Spyves - Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 21:57

Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003 at 21:57
In case you were going to recommend an Engineering shop I forgot to mention I was in Brisbane.

Thanks
AnswerID: 35645

Reply By: Savvas - Thursday, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:23

Thursday, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:23
Hi Spyves,

I'd be a bit surprised if the Rodeos didn't have a hook as standard. I'd suggest looking at a Rodeo that doesn't have a bullbar fitted and find out if there is a recovery hook and where it is located. Then compare to yours and see if the standard hook can be fitted to either the same location or on the opposite chassis rail.

I went through this when I bought my Monterey. When the bar was fitted by the dealer they through out the standard recovery hook. I went to the local TJM place and they were a bit surprised that the standard hook was removed. The problem is that when the bar was installed, the hook didn't fit in the original spot on the RH chassis rail. However the installation instructions stated that the hook is to be relocated to the LH chassis rail in the same position. The dealer got a new one and replaced it as per instructions free of charge.

A mate of mine also went through the same thing with his Jackaroo Equipe, except I forewarned him so he told them what to do beforehand. Needless to say, they didn't do it and he had to ask again.

Hope this helps,
Savvas
AnswerID: 35666

Follow Up By: Savvas - Thursday, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:25

Thursday, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:25
Sorry ... should say "they threw out..." and not "they through out..."
FollowupID: 25758

Sponsored Links