Installing Milford cargo barrier in 80 series

Submitted: Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 01:44
ThreadID: 8209 Views:5064 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I'll be on holidays in the next week or two, as soon as the missus has #2, so I've decided its time to fit a few goodies I've got in the shed including the full size Milford cargo barrier I picked up a while ago. Unfortunately, it didn't come with any instructions...it doesn't look too hard to fit, but at the same time I don't want to muck it either. I've searched the net, as well as looked at the pics on this site, but it doesn't really give any good pics of the finished product, ie where the bottom mounts go, where to drill the holes for the top mounts etc.
Any links, help or advice would be appreciated, or even a photocopy of the original instructions even better...

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony - Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:08

Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:08
Maybe a long shot but try Milford, say you got the barrier with no instructions and could they Fax/ E-mail another set.

They are not that hard to fit, fold up your rear seats to give you a bit more room, put the barrier in place with brackets fitted and you may find they will line up with something, from memery the bottom ones use holes that are already there.
AnswerID: 35772

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:08

Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:08
mrdesmo,

Think I've got the destructions here somewhere, do you have access to a fax. Or we could scan them, and email to you.

You need a 22mm hole saw too, and the will to cut this size holes in your pride and joy.

Hooroo...
AnswerID: 35781

Follow Up By: mrdesmo - Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 15:28

Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 15:28
Hi Bob,
Bloody decent of ya...sorry, no fax, but if you would be so kind to scan them and email to jld@spin.net.au that would be very much appreciated :-)
Yep, have the will....I fitted snorkels to my last two Hilux's, cutting the holes in the gaurds..once with a jigsaw, once with radial hole saw...now that was scary!!!
Thanks again
FollowupID: 25860

Reply By: Penguin - Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:00

Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:00
I have one in my 80 series. If you like I can take some photos for you. I bought it secondhand so no instructions.
AnswerID: 35792

Follow Up By: mrdesmo - Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 15:30

Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 15:30
Hi Penguin,
Yes please...most helpful, if you could get a shot of the whole thing then maybe some close ups of the mounts would be tops...
Cheers

jld@spin.net.au
FollowupID: 25861

Sponsored Links