TB42 Air Intake

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 02, 2003 at 15:51
ThreadID: 8259 Views:2344 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all i just adjusted my lifters and i took my car for a ride with all the air intake system off i no its not good but i didnt go far but i noticed it performed much better,there is a big black round cylinder type thing with an internal stationary fan i was wondering if any one has taken this thing off and noticed any diference
good or bad cause it looks like it would be restricting the air flow quite a bit.

Any comments mould be much appreciated
cheers paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Matt M - Sunday, Nov 02, 2003 at 16:21

Sunday, Nov 02, 2003 at 16:21
That big black cylinder thingy, is the air cleaner, which is of the Cyclonic type. The 'stationary fan' is there to spin the air as it enters the air cleaner and the motion throws all those DUST/DIRT particles out that KILL ENGINES!!! Hence the need for the air intake and cleaner system!
Can you imagine tha amount of unfiltered air you just sucked into your engine and the masses of particulate that wil now be in the oil scouring your bores and wearing the bearings!

Keep it where is is if you like your engine to perform as it does now, or remove it for a small increase followed by a huge decrease in a short time!

Any mods to the intake system should be done by a pro and all are usually forward of the aircleaner, not after it!!!

AnswerID: 35969

Reply By: Duke-Attie - Sunday, Nov 02, 2003 at 20:05

Sunday, Nov 02, 2003 at 20:05
Like Matt said it is better for your engine to leave it on but he may have thought you meant your main air filter system by the look of his answer.....
That one you speak of before the main air filter i have taken off and gained no noticable performance but i have gained better fuel economy....
I have only taken mine off because sometimes when the rivers are up my engine is totally submerged for up to 1minute and i am worried about the exit of that hiclone thingy taking in water....
AnswerID: 35978

Follow Up By: mrdesmo - Monday, Nov 03, 2003 at 00:00

Monday, Nov 03, 2003 at 00:00
Ducati fan by any chance?!
FollowupID: 25985

Follow Up By: Duke-Attie - Monday, Nov 03, 2003 at 07:47

Monday, Nov 03, 2003 at 07:47
Is there any other bike?
The Ferrari of two wheels.....
Hell yes i love them..............

And you too by the look of things "mrdesmo".........
FollowupID: 25992

Sponsored Links