Diesel Mechanic in Brisbane

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:26
ThreadID: 8338 Views:1234 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Follow-up to my post ID 7665 last month. I followed your advice Andrew and Mal and went to Paul Geary Automotive. Couldn't have got anyone better. Just as you said Andrew - no BS and straight done the line, also knows what he's on about. Definately recommend him Sonny. Lucky I got the valves done because the clearances were way down and Paul said that I probably would have done a valve within 6 months. Phewwww hate to think of the damage that would have done to the drinking fund. Pump timing was also retarded 2 degrees.

Thanks again for advice Andrew and Mal.

Cheers,
Hughesy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: cruiser - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 13:14

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 13:14
Hughsey,

Can you tell me how much that cost you to get done.

I have to leave my car in Brisbane for 3 weeks next march when I fly to NZ and am also looking for someone who knows what the right end of a diesel engine looks like and who won't dent the holiday fund.

Where abouts is he located in Brisvegas.
AnswerID: 36398

Follow Up By: Hughesy - Monday, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:32

Monday, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:32
Cruiser,

The pump adjustment cost $65, and the valve adjustment cost $200. That 200 bucks included $95 for 7 shims, Gary said normally you don't need that many. And also extra labour to fit a new timing belt tensioner. If you give gary a ring he will explain all the costs etc to you. The workshop is at underwood - just off the pacific highway. Sorry its taken so long to respond mate. Best of luck and have a good holiday in NZ - just remember to give them a bagging about the rugby

Cheers,
Hughesy
FollowupID: 27180

Follow Up By: cruiser - Monday, Nov 17, 2003 at 12:08

Monday, Nov 17, 2003 at 12:08
Thanks for all that.

It turns out that Underwood is the suburb right next door to my daughters place so the car is staying with her while we are away. Maybe they will pickup and deliver. Will be real handy.

I must say the the prices were better than I expected, so maybe the holiday account can stretch to a little treat for the 4by.

Thanks again, and will stick it right up them about the rugby.
FollowupID: 27182

Reply By: sonny - Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 08:19

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 08:19
Hughesy

Good to hear that they did a good job for you. I shall have to go have a talk to them next time I'm in Brisbane.

Sonny
AnswerID: 36502

Sponsored Links