This Thread has been Archived
what do you think about the quality standard of the ironman snorkel
good - ok - no good ? any feed back ?
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2011 at 19:18

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2011 at 19:18
Hi Nick, I looked at a few cheaper snorkels back about 18 months ago and found most of the had a lot of fiddly bits of plastic tubing you have to join together. That is probably fine if the plastic is thick enough to get a hose clamp around it tight without collapsing the tubing. I was looking for one for my Patrol, the original snorkel has only 3 main pieces that need to be watertight and most other snorkels had about 7. The other thing that worried me was some of the tubing looked quite small in diameter and then i wondered if they had been flow tested to see if they had adequate flow. Some members here said that there had been cases where the captive brass nuts had pulled out of the body leaving gaps around the mudguard to snorkel body. I eventually decided on a Nissan Snorkel but being a tight wad, i watched Ebay for a few weeks and found a brand new genuine Nissan unit, made an offer of around $200 from memory and fitted it myself in a few hours. Its the sort of item that must be correct as far as fitting, watertight and enough airflow as to allow your vehicle to run efficiently... The other thing is, is the polymer used on the external part, UV stabilised so it doesn't degrade in the sun.. My thoughts only... regards Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

AnswerID: 440707

Follow Up By: nick b - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2011 at 08:33

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2011 at 08:33
thanks for reply . the cheapies could be a trap for youg players . the only reason i'm looking at iron man is i can get discount $
Cheers Nick b

FollowupID: 712634

Reply By: greg8049 - Friday, Jan 07, 2011 at 23:59

Friday, Jan 07, 2011 at 23:59
I looked into the ironman snorkels before i bought mine for my bt 50,
they were $100 cheaper than their competitors, it looks good, fits well, and does the job it is ment to.
AnswerID: 441033

Sponsored Links