any body got any user info on cross country suspension ?

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 14:54
ThreadID: 8342 Views:1714 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
brother has a 98 hilux looking to lift it and has a good price on cross country suspension brand new nevere installed from someone who has since sold the car .
i know they are sold via total 4 x 4 in rockhampton but who else sells them .
who makes the components as some are re bedged copies of the same!
so looking for anybody who has used them for a hilux or any other vehicle .
it is a whole 2 inch lift kit with shackles, springs(leaf), steering damper and u bolts and bushes.

thanks 1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
2 awestruck kids (dads driving!)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hughesy - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 16:27

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 16:27
Toonfish, I recently put the exact same full kit from CC on my 75 series and all I can say is that if it gives a 2 inch lift I'd hate to be buying rope off them.... I found my original old springs had more lift in them with and without a load. Took them back and got another set with an extra leaf all round - still not 2 inches of lift though. Best thing to do is rip out one of the old springs and compare the eye heights with the new one - although the old hilux springs are fairly flat to start with. My recomendation is that if you carry any substantial load get the extra leafs. Spoke to another bloke about springs (mechanic) and he said he has had plenty of people complaining about new leaf springs (any brand) not lasting or holding up......so there must be a flood of cheap steel or springs coming from overseas I reckon. But still for the $600 I saved buying the CC kit I'm not too worried if they wear out a little earlier.

Cheers,
Hughesy
AnswerID: 36419

Follow Up By: Member - Toonfish - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:40

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:40
chhers i'll pass it on sounds no good as lift is wanted in this application.
So he can keep up with my Navara!!!!!!!
lol1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
2 awestruck kids (dads driving!)
FollowupID: 26344

Sponsored Links