Oztent probs

Submitted: Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 13:17
ThreadID: 83571 Views:3979 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I decided on an Oztent RV5 and paid the money on 9/12/10. I was guaranteed delivery before xmas.

It was sent last week but addressed to Parkes ACT not Parkes NSW.

I will hopefully see it by the end of this week 14/01/11.

Ive contacted them what feels like a dozen times but haven't had a satisfactory answer to the delivery problems. Their answer is because Ive purchased thru a camping store (Large camping chain) That Ive gotta contact them and when i get the store to contact Oztent they don't get a satisfactory (accurate) reply.

I believe they've got a good product but have delusions of adequacy in the service dept.

Regards Mike

ps
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 13:23

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 13:23
That's a first. I have never had a problem with Oztent as far as service goes, and neither have a couple of friends who have the same tent.

I think your beef is with the store you bought it from. Clearer addressing was needed, which it seems the store did not provide.

Good luck with it. You will love it once you get it. And from there on, if you ever have to contact Oztent direct with any problems I think you will be more than happy with their response.

Cheers
jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 441359

Follow Up By: Wilko - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 13:29

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 13:29
Hi Jack,

The address part of it can be explained by a typo either end No dramas That happens Move on.
But when the store rang Oztent looking for it and they stated it had left that day to be delivered 2 days later and when 3 days had passed and it hasn't arrived, The store would ring again and it would be a different story Like it was being made and would be leaving the next day etc.

Cheers Wilko

FollowupID: 713387

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 14:27

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 14:27
Hi Mike

Do not let this get you off to a bad start with Oztent.

We have had the RV4 for a number of years now and it is the best tent that we have ever purchased. We purchased it direct from Oztent and it arrived in about 4 days from Sydney into country SA. I have since purchased extras for the tent, again direct from them and super fast delivery. I have also had to use their service department for help when we damaged the frame (No fault of the tent what so ever, we never pegged in down and we were hit by a mini tornado in Quilpie. We held the tent with that much force to stop it from blowing away that we bent the top part of the frame. We thought that we were unlucky, but many caravans had very expensive roll out awnings ruined and a lot more that $25 to repair) When we spoke with the service department they were very helpful, but like he said and it was very true, what happened was no fault in any way with Oztent. We paid the small price for the new cross bar, and it was here in 3 days. I can only sing praise for their help and very fast delivery every time that I have wanted something from them.

Like the service man said, always peg it down to stop this type of thing from happening.

You will very soon to be able to use your very wise purchase.

Cheers and Happy Camping

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 441370

Follow Up By: Wilko - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 18:12

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 18:12
Hi Stephen,

I hope your right, I hope my experience is a one off as I plan to have the tent for many years to come.

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 713450

Reply By: cycadcenter - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 15:57

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 15:57
Perhaps you should have purchased one from the USA it would have been 20% cheaper and probably arrived on time.

Bruce
AnswerID: 441388

Follow Up By: Wilko - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 18:08

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 18:08
Hi Bruce,

Just dont let Gerry Harvey hear you saying that lol.

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 713449

Reply By: Member - Anthony W Adelaide - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 17:17

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 17:17
Hi Mike,
we too have had an rv4 for a few years now and no probs at all. When it did break in strong winds (our fault also) the after sales service was second to none.
IMHO I would think someone in the large camping chain is not doing thier job properly rather than oz tent themselves.

Cheers,Wooly
Wooly VKS-737 Mobile 0058

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 441401

Follow Up By: Wilko - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 18:17

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 18:17
Hi Wooly,

I hope right and the service side is good but I heard what Oztent were telling the Chain Camping store as he was on loud speaker.

The store even told me they would refund my money so i could go to Dubbo's BCF ( a different store) and get one so I could have it for Xmas but I refused and thought Ill buy local and support the local store.

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 713452

Reply By: Members Pa & Ma. - Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 18:45

Monday, Jan 10, 2011 at 18:45
Hi Wilko,
Oztent has a very good reputation & they're great tents.
Maybe it's a the same store in Parkes ACT, if there is one.?
Certainly very strange for Oztent,try to speak to the actual owner of Oz tent himself. Beaut bloke.
Take care, safe travels.
Bye Ma.
AnswerID: 441408

Reply By: Wilko - Friday, Jan 14, 2011 at 16:02

Friday, Jan 14, 2011 at 16:02
Hi all,

Quick update on the long and drawn out saga. The tent was supposed to be hereon Wednesday but didn't show, again promised to arrive Friday (today) and again no show.

I know they are supposed to have a good name for service but I just cant see it. The owner is apparently the one chasing it, If I was him. I would of sent another one weeks ago.

If your going to buy one, get one off the shelf and don't pay for it till you receive it.

Good news is its supposed to turn up next Tuesday or is it the Tuesday after.

Cheers Wilko

AnswerID: 441821

Follow Up By: cycadcenter - Friday, Jan 14, 2011 at 16:14

Friday, Jan 14, 2011 at 16:14
Perhaps you could still get one quicker and cheaper from the USA, I have a 10% Discount Certificate so it would be $899.00 over here.

Bruce

California
FollowupID: 713918

Follow Up By: Wilko - Friday, Jan 14, 2011 at 16:18

Friday, Jan 14, 2011 at 16:18
Hi Bruce

I shoulda listened to you, I could of put it on the low boat and it still would of arrived earlier lol.

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 713919

Sponsored Links