ExplorOz Sand Flag

Submitted: Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 20:48
ThreadID: 83711 Views:2896 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

Interested to hear feed back on these. I have an ARB winch bar, but I'd prefer not to drill holes in it for a bolt on mounting. Has anyone used the clamp mount for one of these bars, and if so, what was the best spot for mounting?

Many thanks,

Michael
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 20:54

Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 20:54
Michael,

I have the bolt mounting, but with the clamp on version I would clamp it into the Drivers side outer loop upright. My theory being that when traversing a sand dune I would veer to the left if I saw one comming the other way, if it was on the passenger side of the vehicle that is another full vehicle width of evasive driving required.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 442140

Follow Up By: Member - Michael R (NSW) - Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 21:02

Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 21:02
Thanks Kev,

i thought you had one, but couldn't remember which bracket you had. Thinks wife would kill me if I took a drill to "her" car.

That's the spot I was thinking, as UHF in on passenger's side, and I figured the outside would be a better fit and not interfere with the lights.

Cheers,

Michael
FollowupID: 714233

Follow Up By: Gobumpy - Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 22:58

Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 22:58
Hey Michael

Drilling is alot easier than a collision mate but if you do use the bolt on bracket check to make sure it stays tight ive had one fold down at the worst possible time

Scott
FollowupID: 714245

Follow Up By: Member - Michael R (NSW) - Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 23:08

Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 23:08
Agree Scott. Not the first time I've been out there - Loctite works wonders!!. Just needed to find a suitable spot on this vehicle without home grown drilling.

Cheers,

Michael
FollowupID: 714246

Reply By: Tonyfish#58 - Tuesday, Jan 18, 2011 at 17:26

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2011 at 17:26
Image Could Not Be Found

One hole is all you need - I made my Flag holder from 25mm gal RHS welded on to some 25mm flat leaving enough fro a good size blot hole.

I then insert my sand flag into the RHS & PIN.

The sandflag pole is in two sections pinned together - The bottom a solid piece of round alloy that slots into the RHS and the top part and old fishing rod that slips over the alloy & pinned.

On top the explore Oz Sand flag - Works a treat and higher than most

Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 442226

Sponsored Links