I've finally settled on a camper trailer!

Submitted: Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 21:47
ThreadID: 83712 Views:4540 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well, after a couple of years of umming and ahhing, should I keep tenting it, get a caravan, will I need to upgrade to a 4WD, etc etc, I've finally gone out and bought a 4 year old Camel Nomad camper trailer. Looks like a really well cared for camper that has been well used but not abused. It's an on road 13 foot tent with fully enclosed annex, 15oz canvas roof and 12oz canvas walls. Picking it up on the weekend.

In the end, the touring tent while fantastic for, uhh, touring, was a bit lacking in the space department for longer stays we now do now that we're a family of 4. Last straw for my wife was getting eaten by insects while having breakfast on the last camping trip - hence the fully enclosed annex on the camper. The best thing is how affordable they are second hand for a good quality camper (it's an absolute buyers market out there), and I get to tow it with just a standard car.

Wife is happy. Now I just need to figure out how to bring the sofa camping with me and she'll have nothing to complain about! :D
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Neil G (VIC) - Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 21:55

Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 21:55
Hi,
Sounds like you have found a great unit.
All the best for your future trips. You will find it rather luxurious after your little tent.
Happy planning and travelling and all the best.
Neil
AnswerID: 442145

Reply By: skmaint (WA) - Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 22:00

Monday, Jan 17, 2011 at 22:00
Well done garbage, I am sure it will give you many days of enjoyment.
Get out there and enjoy the times. Just make sure you keep the other half happy and all will be bliss.

Cheers
Simon
AnswerID: 442146

Reply By: didiaust - Tuesday, Jan 18, 2011 at 08:34

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2011 at 08:34
Have fun in your "new" toy it sure sounds like it will suit your purpose.
I grinned when I saw your line re the sofa. We had a few weeks away up the river just recently and my friend & I bought a lounge chair each at a local garage sale $2.50 we were going to give them to the local church charity when we left but a couple of friends who spend many months on the river have made great use of them.

It was wonderful to read in the anex in absolute comfort.

Di
AnswerID: 442172

Follow Up By: garbage - Tuesday, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:09

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:09
Haha, I've always wondered how people manage to bring sofas along. Looks like the secret is out! I don't usually stay longer than a week, so maybe it's just not worth the effort.
FollowupID: 714261

Sponsored Links