Service on NL Pajero

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 19:24
ThreadID: 8387 Views:1886 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well we picked our new (s/h) 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero only to find the timing belt was due to be replaced (3000 k's ago).

I kicked up and they offerred a $300 rebate on the 105k service and timing belt jobby. (normally $900). OK fair offer.

Ok they presented me with an itemised account for the appropriate amount, not a cent more, fine I say.

Knit picking or what but they charged $3.45 for windscreen wiper wash. big deal, except I had just added my own and topped both tanks up, so did they drain them or what. WTF

What else can I trust them to have changed, the timing belt, platinum spark plugs oil and fuel filters? I really expect better treatment from Mitsubishi dealers or am I being naive?

Bloody used cars salemen. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not worth the bloddy effort.

RTA

Russell
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 19:55

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 19:55
gday russell.
i would recomend finding your own mechanic.
i get complaints all the time about dealer servicing.
infact today the new bloke at work was telling me his sister had her car at a dealer for a service.
they told her she needs new front front brake pads $170
we done them last saturday.back by popular demand
:-)
AnswerID: 36620

Reply By: Nav 80 - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 19:57

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 19:57
You can bet your not the only one who has been caught with the timeing belt change on a S/Hand vehicle. Most are due at 100,000K but a lot dont get done if the vehicle is traded as some are a big job to do, for example the 2.8 Hilux is radiator out front drive pully off cover off change belt and mabe jocky wheel $$$$.
Then for example the Cruiser 1 HZ is only cover off change belt about half hour work. A good point to remember when buying S/Hand.
AnswerID: 36621

Sponsored Links