Query:- Ride-Rite air helper springs

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 16:49
ThreadID: 8399 Views:2129 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day to all,
I am looking at putting Ride-rite air helper springs on my Rodeo to assist in it's load carrying. No! I don't want to carry more load, I just want to prevent the rear leaf springs from sagging after carrying my normal load after a week or two. It has been suggested that I put these ride-rite air helpers on to keep the ute on an even keel. They are similar to what heavy duty trucks use as suspension on the rear and can be adjusted to suit load by pumping up or deflating as required.
Has anybody on this forum had any experience with them and if so, good or bad?
PS. No they are not the same as Polyairs.

Thanks,
Peter.It doesn't get any better than this!!!
Peter (1)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 17:06

Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 17:06
gday peter.
they sound a lot like polly air bags that are the bees knees when it comes to stopping your bum drooping(pardon the pun)
but if your bum is sagging with just the normal load in it i wouldnt recoment fitting them to over come an underlying problem(soft leafs)get the leafs done first other wise the air bag will be doing all the load carryingback by popular demand
:-)
AnswerID: 36678

Follow Up By: Member - Peter (1) - Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 17:27

Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 17:27
G'day diamond,
They are something a little like the polyairs but are much heavier duty. When I say normal load, I mean loaded up from a month or two on the road, as well as the van hitched up. After a week or two the leafs are slow to spring back to normal, so my mechanic suggested the Ride-rites instead of resetting the leafs as the Ride-rites take over the heavy work when I'm loaded up. They act the same as the airbags in heavy truck suspensions only on a smaller scale.

Regards,
Peter.It doesn't get any better than this!!!
Peter (1)
FollowupID: 26508

Sponsored Links