Suspension on 80 series

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 18:53
ThreadID: 8402 Views:1689 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Went to a show today and got some info on suspension. Can anyone tell me which is best. I got prices on Lovell & Koni. Both around the same money but which is better. Only need 50mm lift if at all. Wont fit in garage.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 19:12

Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 19:12
Gday
All the suspensions are good, OME are the best as far as tailering to suit your needs, with std height aswell as 2 inches raised , then there is heavy duty load carrying 200 kg or 450 kg, and your choice of hard or soft valving in the shox. Best of all, the shox are longer travel than most aftermarket shox and therefore better in the bush. Plus 2 yrs warrenty
Andrew wheredayathinkwer mike?
AnswerID: 36682

Reply By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 20:09

Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 20:09
for a 2 " lift , theres not much to worry about , some good foam cell shocks , any brand will be fine . Springs , you cant go wrong with Dobinson or Kings. I have a 4 inch lift in my cruiser and everyone went on about Ranchos ect. I opted for some good 42 mm bore foam cell shocks ( tuff dogs ) Same as gabriel ,Munro ect . I drove my mates 100 series which we fitted Ranchos . I found that even on the hardest setting in the Ranchos , mine were more stable on road . He wishes now that he listened and didn't spent $180 a shockerVenus Bay
AnswerID: 36685

Follow Up By: srowlandson - Monday, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:53

Monday, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:53
The biggest issue is getting the suspension that matches your car.

If you don't have a winch, or don't have rear cargo drawers and long range tanks, don't get the springs that suit that setup. Even if you are getting these items in 6 months.

Get springs and shocks matched to your current setup, and you will be fine.

4way (Tough Dog ) have some good matched spring setups, ome / tjm both also.

We sell the 4wy (tough Dog) and Terrain Tamer brands. Both in our opinion are quite good.

If your heading outback with a heavy load, You can't go past a good set of Koni's

Steve
FollowupID: 26540

Reply By: Wil - Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 18:38

Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 18:38
Hi Beamer

I fitted OME to my 80 series a few months back and spec for Heavy front and med rear, in anticipation for a Bar and winch in the future. Found the Heavy front a bit less stable without the load up front. You should go for med front & back if there's no winch & bar.
It raised the truck to 1955mm at the highest point so was perfect driving into carparks generally at the 2000mm to 2200mm range. Otherwise the handling is superb on the rough stuff. Should be better with the steel bar on when I feel ready to put one on.
It's built for Oz condition. That's good enough..

Wil

AnswerID: 36885

Sponsored Links