Wildflowers MK11

Submitted: Monday, Jan 31, 2011 at 21:07
ThreadID: 84031 Views:3210 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Many thanks to Val who has started a fantastic blog showing wildflowers from all over OZ, she has done a great job.

So to keep the ball rolling here are some that may end up in the blog.

Regards

Barry H
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Jan 31, 2011 at 22:42

Monday, Jan 31, 2011 at 22:42
Hi Barry

Those photos are great and get in contact with Val for help, she is great and it would be great to have a blog about those great flowers. Here is a sneak preview of another special outback small tree that I am going to do within the next couple of weeks. I had the hardest time getting these flower pictures from the tree, mainly for the fact that they are so small. To give you some idea of the size, the flower is a massive 3mm big or small depending how you word it. I have already been in contact with Val and she is the only one that may know the answer.

Cheers

Stephen

Image Could Not Be Found
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 443733

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2011 at 08:28

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2011 at 08:28
Hi Barry,

Lovely photos again. I guess from your earlier remarks that all of these flowers come from the SW of WA? We saw quite a few Quaalup Bells in the Fitzgerald R. NP in '09. The shrub with big yellow and green leaves (4th from top) is the Royal Hakea victoria again common in Fitzgeral River NP but there are some wonderful plants south of Albany. Your photo shows some flowers on it, but compared to the leaves they are quite inconspicuous.

Cheers,

Val

J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 443760

Follow Up By: Member - Barry H (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2011 at 11:15

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2011 at 11:15
Val,

All of these one's (with the exception of the Quaalup Bell and Royal Hakea) were taken at the Mt Lesuer National Park, about 3hrs drive North of Perth.

It is a very diverse flora area, with many unique types.

Barry H
FollowupID: 715822

Sponsored Links