Noossa to Rainbow beach

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 17:01
ThreadID: 84323 Views:2674 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have some info and conditions on the beach track to Rainbow Beach? I'll be towing a camper, so wondering if this'll be a problem. We'll work out tides to give us a clear run, and probably head in on the Freshwater track.
I've been told to give this a go, and it sounds better than the Hwy but just want to be sure, I'm from the west and never seen this stretch of beach before so appreiciate the heads up.
Cheers again
Troy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 17:42

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 17:42
Hi Troy,we did the Freshwater track in 2008 towing a Jayco Swan. If you click on this blue link to Freshwater Campground it will have pix of the track and links to other points of interest in the area.................W
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 445309

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 18:05

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 18:05
Hi Troy,

Just one bit of info which someone on here should be able to clarify better than I can , but I think access permits are now required in some parts of Cooloola so it might be worth having a look at www.epa.qld.gov.au for some more info.

Cheers

Brian
AnswerID: 445315

Reply By: rumpig - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 18:54

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 18:54
we went for a drive on Australia day from Brisbane up to Noosa then up the beach to Freshwater Track and over to Inskip before coming back home via Kings Bore track and down the beach to Noosa again.
the beach itself was easy going at lowtide, you could have 2wd'd it straight out onto the beach and up to Freshwater it was that easy. Freshwater track was also in very good condition on that weekend, was really easy going with all the rain they had had back then. previous trips i have done on Freshwater have had corrogations near Rainbow end, but this last time it was pretty good and not too bad.
for a change we came home via Kings Bore track, i quite liked it alot more then Freshwater track just for something different, and it to was also very easy going.
i heard on the radio yesterday someone from Sunshine Coast saying it was pouring down up there, so this can only help if it was doing the same up at Freshwater.
AnswerID: 445321

Follow Up By: rumpig - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 18:56

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 18:56
Re: Permit...
yes you need a permit to traverse that section of the beach aswell as Freshwater Track. buy it online because it's cheaper that way
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks_and_forests/activities_in_parks_and_forests/recreation_areas/vehicle_access_permit_fees.html
FollowupID: 717578

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 19:47

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 19:47
Ahhh Rumpig, don't listen to the Doomsayers. Sure we've had a shower or two here on the Sunshine Coast which freshens the place up but plenty of blue skies in between. However....... the boys at BOM are forecasting some rain later this week. Damn... won't be able to mow the lawn again!!! LOL

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 717585

Reply By: Member - Vin & Lisa - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 19:05

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 19:05
Troy we've been up that way a couple of times - if you click the link below or Google it you will find the "Cooloola Conditions Report which is updated pretty regularly. This run is usually pretty easy, but of course watch the tides, especially as Noosa to Rainbow is a decent run. Cooloola Conditions Report
AnswerID: 445324

Reply By: Member - Michael and Chris (QL - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 22:40

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 22:40
Image Could Not Be FoundHi Troy, I was up there today and no problems at all. You won't be able to go from Double Island Point to Rainbow so you have to go via the Freshwater track then onto the bitumen to Rainbow. I would recommend you have a look at Double Island point as it is a awesome spot . Cheers Mick
AnswerID: 445357

Reply By: Member - troy s (WA) - Monday, Feb 14, 2011 at 07:58

Monday, Feb 14, 2011 at 07:58
Thanks heaps guys! I was hoping that is going to be a goer! cheers for the imput, looks like a great little stretch of beach

Cheers
Troy
AnswerID: 445370

Reply By: Member - troy s (WA) - Monday, Feb 14, 2011 at 08:09

Monday, Feb 14, 2011 at 08:09
Just had a look at the link to the track report. Seems we can't even have our dogs in the car to traverse this stretch? We were planning to camp at Inskip point, so that is no stress, but are they really that tight on dogs that they'll nab you for em in the car???
Well that sux, thanks heaps again, but looks like the great ol tarmac will be the go now.
Troy
AnswerID: 445371

Sponsored Links