cheap junky generators

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 07:17
ThreadID: 8433 Views:1311 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Unfortunately I posted a report on this site under gennies not generators so if do a search under gennies you will see what I think about Chinese generators, maybe I am very unlucky.

Rolling Bones
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David N. - Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:22

Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:22
You are not unlucky....
they are garbage! I have a friend who wasted a huge amount of time and effort only to give up in disgust after three tries..
Now has a Yamaha inverter and delighted.
AnswerID: 36820

Follow Up By: diamond(bendigo) - Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 13:22

Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 13:22
gday david.
i disagree i know four people personaly who have bought them after seeing mine and not one of them have had a problem.
bob&judy are just unlucky.back by popular demand
:-)
FollowupID: 26636

Follow Up By: Bazza - Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 14:02

Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 14:02
G'Day Diamond,
I have to disagree with you. I also know four people who bought them with three of them having problems. I personaly think it's the "luck of the draw" if you get a good one. I personaly know a distributer in my local area who has just given up selling them because of the increasing amount of digruntled customers who are coming back at him. He's fed up with them ( get sets not customers ). He recently said to me that he'd be better off selling customers two for the price of one just to increase their chances of getting one good one. There has got to be a problem with these when the distributers are giving up on them.
Regards,
Bazza.
FollowupID: 26641

Follow Up By: Flash - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 13:17

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 13:17
Bought one - worked well......... for two hours.
Took it back, new one did not work- buggered my good radio and two lights- (bit slow, didn't realize the generator was at fault as it seemed to be simply not working at all)
Took it back and the (3rd) new one worked well.... for nearly one day.
Took it back in total disgust and got my money back.
Will buy a Yamaha or Honda in the next week or two!
I don't think they're good enough to be called garbage.
FollowupID: 27145

Sponsored Links