Fitting transmission cooler on Rodeo TD Auto Dual Cab

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 17, 2011 at 18:38
ThreadID: 84433 Views:1897 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We have a Rodeo Td Auto 06 model. We only tow a small 14 ft van, Tinnie on the roof and the back of the ute pretty well laden, (usually full of home brew), however a mate suggested that a transmission cooler may not be a bad idea. I asked my mechanic, who I have a lot of confidence in, (i am no mechanic), and he said that it could not be fitted because the inercooler would be in the way. Any thoughts? cheers...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Thursday, Feb 17, 2011 at 20:27

Thursday, Feb 17, 2011 at 20:27
Gday Pet
Can it be fitted somewhere else? I remember that some of our machines had oil coolers behind the cabin with a small fan.

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 445818

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 17, 2011 at 21:42

Thursday, Feb 17, 2011 at 21:42
Cruiser ones are fitted in front of the radiator and the aircon on opposite side to intercooler Not a huge one but it works.

Other way we used to do Coronas was disconnect the pipes that went through the radiator and fit a cooler in behind the bumper.
Not quite so practical on a 4by though.

AnswerID: 445824

Reply By: tacr2man - Friday, Feb 18, 2011 at 06:45

Friday, Feb 18, 2011 at 06:45
Its a good idea to fit a trans cooler when towing fitting infront of radiator wont detract much
from radiator airflow, Most radiators with auto have heat exchanger built in , if not possible due to room then try and put in airstream elsewhere at front but allow for ground clearance , and flying gravel etc . I have mounted them horizontal under pickup bed and fitted a electric fan . relayed thru electric engine fan switch . Heat is a killer for auto trans , synthetic oil is another useful change in extreme conditions .
AnswerID: 445836

Sponsored Links