Dual Battery for 4.2TDi Patrol

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 20:42
ThreadID: 8455 Views:1742 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday All, been away for awhile and need some info again.
I am having trouble finding a commercially available battery tray for my wagon

2003 4.2DTi Patrol fitted with ABS

ARB doesn't make a battery tray for this model/motor with ABS

Does anyone know if there is a battery tray commercially available for this model Patrol. There seems to be enough room in the engine bay to fit a tray one.

CheersShe just didn't quite make it home
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: duncs - Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 23:02

Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 23:02
Shawn,

Just fitted an ARB battery tray to my GU TD4.2T same engine as yours but no ABS.

The reason the ARB tray won't fit is that to get it in on mine the instructions say to reposition two cylindrical canisters that hang on the front of a bracket right next to where your ABS control is situated. Without the ABS they move to the badk of the bracket to make room for the battery.

When I installed the tray and repositioned these cannisters as ARB say i found that the hoses were badly kinked so I put them back and managed to get the tray in OK.

If you get on well with the guys at the local ARB outlet why don't you have a look at the space and see if you can make it fit. I think you should be able to manage it with a little creative thinking.

Good luck
Duncs
AnswerID: 36942

Reply By: Member - Andrew O - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 08:10

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 08:10
I've heard of people using the tray for the 3.0tdi in the 4.2. In the 3ltr, abs controller is next to the firewall on the passenger side - the tray is on the passenger side of the motor, sitting on the wheel well between the coolant overflow bottles and the motor.So much to see, too little time ...
Andrew
AnswerID: 36977

Reply By: Member - Shawn - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:28

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:28
Thanks Guys,
Went out to TJM 4WD Megastore at Kings Park yesterday and they provided a Piranha battery tray that fits straight in and a lot of info I didn't know.
CheersShe just didn't quite make it home
AnswerID: 37119

Sponsored Links