swb patrol leaf springs

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 20:51
ThreadID: 8457 Views:1507 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just a quick one for all the suspension gurus
How many leaf springs on the front and how many on the back of a 83 mq swb patrol, I currently have 3 on front and 5 on back, I'm currently looking for new springs and everyone is telling me I should have 7 on the front if anyone can help muchly appreciated
TIA
dixie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Barry B - Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 21:06

Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 21:06
I had a diesel 82 SWB patrol and it had 6 leaf front and 3 leaf with 2 overload (short) on the rear.
A mate had a petrol 83 SWB and it came with 3 leaf front and the same as the diesel on the rear.
The first thing we both did was to remove the overload leafs from the rear.
The next thing I did was remove the diesel and replace it with a Holden 5 ltr :-) much better.
Cheers,
Barry.
AnswerID: 36915

Reply By: SupaMav - Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 21:49

Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 at 21:49
I had an MK and had the suspension redone. The kit came with 5 at the front and 6 at the back. I removed one of the back leaves to soften it up a bit. I have since seen other kits with only three at both ends. Makes for a much more supple ride and helps articulation if the rest is also sorted. If I had my time over, I'd have looked at the fewer leaves so that the offroad capabilites were better as I'm not interested in towing or anything like that. In the end I just bought an 89 Maverick and just love the coils.
AnswerID: 36926

Sponsored Links