HF Radio in Navara How to fit.

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:58
ThreadID: 8468 Views:2674 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gday all,, Have just traded up to a ST-R Navara duel cab and need to fit my HF radio into it.
As with all modern 4x4s there is very limited space to fit anything around the dash. Have had a UHF fitted in the slot above the CD and can fit the HF radio behind the rear seat. Its the remote head and speaker that will be the problem so maybe someone out there has already fitted one in thier Navara. The only place I can think of is at the rear of the centre console. It would be in the back but you hardly ever use the HF when traveling anyway and its not often anyone will be in the back. The radio is a Barret 250 R any ideas would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - David - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 14:51

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 14:51
In our dual cab Rodeo, we have the HF mounted at the rear of the centre console. Its close enough for operation, but out of the way as it would be awkward under or in the dash.A bad days sailing sure beats a good day at work
AnswerID: 37012

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:17

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:17
what about adding a centre roof console
extra expense i know .
r u happy with the rig so far?1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
2 awestruck kids (dads driving!)
AnswerID: 37108

Reply By: Nav 80 - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:05

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:05
Thanks for the replys, have thought of the roof console but the Barrett 250-RC has quite a large remote head and I dont think it would fit too good up there and there is also the heavy cable to route up there. I havent picked up the vehicle yet, have been waiting over a month so far but it has finally arrived at the dealer and is being fitted up with all the extras including an extra leaf in the rear springs,hope to pick it up in a day or two. Looks like behind the centre console would be the best way to go. Thanks again.
AnswerID: 37146

Sponsored Links