Message from Carpentaria Shire - IMPORTANT. Please read.

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:56
ThreadID: 84697 Views:2969 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
As some of you may be aware, the local road reports, particularly in this region, are very important to travelers and locals alike. It lets people know what is happening in this region in terms of accessibility.

PLEASE have a quick look at these road reports before sending anyone this way.

Please also check with surrounding shires for their road reports too because as you know, especially at this time of year, things change very quickly and as has happened in the past, people have been stuck, flooded in and even received damage to car and property due to roads being flooded.

As you can see, we are now flooded in AGAIN.

THANKS for your help.

Debora Vagg
Tourism Officer
Carpentaria Shire
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Joe Grace Doomadgee - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:58

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:58
Sorry, should add Carpentaria Shire is Karumba and Normanton districts, it is completely flooded out again and they are getting a bit peeeed off with people not checking and getting stuck ..........
AnswerID: 446992

Reply By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:08

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:08
Excellent info Debora

You said "have a quick look at these road reports". Do you have a link or something?

We are looking at a trip either up your way or across the Simpson in May.

Phil
AnswerID: 446993

Follow Up By: Joe Grace Doomadgee - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:18

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:18
hey the above is a "copy n paste" from Carp shire, it was me that put it up there ........... they e-mailed it to us at work, we get the up-dates every morning
I will have a look for a link for you and get back to you eh...
I "think" there should be a link someware within this site to a road report for that area .....
Cheers
Joe
FollowupID: 719321

Follow Up By: Joe Grace Doomadgee - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:24

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:24
now here is one for the "mods" or someone else ....
Can someone explain the steps to check the road conditions within this site, i went to the "home" page, scrolled down and on road conditions clicked on QLD and it takes it back to the same page ........
Sorry but i am at work atm so cant spend to much time, it is probally a simple answer
thanks in advance
Joe
FollowupID: 719322

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 12:15

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 12:15
Joe,

You need to then select the region in QLD you wish to check for Road Conditions.

Your area is the same as mine down here Outback QLD.

I have been slack lately and haven't updated the roads for around here, although most major roads are now being repaired :)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 719326

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 12:19

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 12:19
Not sure what happened to you but this get me to the road conditions for Outback QLD.

Hover cursor over "Articles", move the cursor down to "Road Conditions" and click. Then move cursor over "Qld" and move cursor down to "Outback QLD Road Conditions" and click.

Phil
FollowupID: 719328

Reply By: Tonyfish#58 - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 17:08

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2011 at 17:08
Carpentaria Shire Council Road Report Link
AnswerID: 447016

Sponsored Links