Horizontal Falls overnight stay

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:02
ThreadID: 84941 Views:3762 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am thinking of booking a night on the Overnight Cruise on the Kimberley Cat out of Derby to the Horizontal Falls. Has anybody else done this tour with Cane Flight Enterprises. I found there site on the internet.

Cheers M
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:16

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:16
Do it Maggie C. The experience of spending an evening on the placid waters of Talbot Bay adds magic to the sensational experiences of going through the falls. The whole experience is not to be missed. We did our trip with Kimberley Extreme Adventures. They were very good, particularly the landing through the gap in the mountain and the low level flight along Talbot Bay to Koolan Island.

A bit of advice if I may. If you have the flexibility in your time table make sure you book to go when the tides are as bug as possible. We were there with a 10 metre tide and that was why we had the low level flight. The reefs were exposed at very low water. It was awesome.

Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 447990

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:19

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:19
Hi Maggie,

Maybe the Cat is a new operation, so I dont know about it.

But in 08 we took a flight from Derby to the Horizontal falls and stayed in a houseboat there as part of a package. The flight was great giving a superb view of all the islands and the Horizontal Falls themselves. We had a trip up to and through one of the falls in a purpose built boat, had a short fishing trip before settling in for the night on the houseboat where we were looked after wonderfully. All the crew for the plane, boat and houseboat were aged under about 22 and they did a great job.

It was one of the highlights of our trip. Bit more info here

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 447991

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:25

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:25
Maggie Hi,
I did the full day trip a couple of years ago. FANTASTIC. They flew us up to the KC & returned to Derby for more trippers (possibly twice) while they were away crew took us fishing in the dingies, provided lunch etc. The trip over to the Horizontal Falls was in a relay at the right time. There is about 2 hours when the falls are at their best.
Can't remember the cost but was very happy with the trip & very impressed with the staff. You would have to be hard to please not to enjoy.
Regards
Mike.
AnswerID: 447993

Reply By: Snoopyone - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:40

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:40
I would suggest you have a look at this one

http://www.horizontalfallsadventures.com.au/index.htm

We went with them in 2009 and had a great day A family run outfit and has the most powerful boat as well. 500hp

All young guys and really nice but bits of hard cases.

They were actually a $100 PP cheaper from Broome than the other outfit (Extreme) and much better.

They have a boat in the bay for overnighters.

Make sure you get some info as to when the tides are best as neap tides are no good at all.

We waited till the tide was right and it was great except for the boatie

deliberately getting my video camera wet and then saying" I hope thats

waterproof" LOL

Would do it again but too far away now.

AnswerID: 447997

Follow Up By: WBS - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 20:41

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 20:41
We went with the same mob in August 2010. Bus to Cape Leveque via Beagle Bay, Flight from One Arm Point, (We actually flew out of Lombadina due to prevailing winds), flew over the Buccaneer Archipelago with a view of the 1000 islands, landed at Talbot Bay. Did the Horizontal Waterfalls then flew back to Broome at sunset. There was Catamaran moored in Talbot Bay for overnight stays run by the same mob. The Lady M she was called.

The highlight of our 3 month trip.

WBS
FollowupID: 720383

Reply By: Gary.L - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:56

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 13:56
tide time linky for that part of WA
AnswerID: 447999

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 16:30

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 16:30
We did it with the extreme mob in 09, was a fantastic flight and as has been said they looked after us really well overnight on the houseboat.
AnswerID: 448007

Follow Up By: Member - Bill B1 (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 12:30

Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 12:30
Hi all,
For one of the best experiences you cannot go past One Tide Charters out of Derby who run 8 - 10 day trips, sleeping on a beach and the boat with tours of the Buccaneer Archipelago as well as the Horizontal Falls.
Search the web for their site. Greg and Anna have a stall at most of the Caravan Shows too, so you actually talk to the operators.
We combined ours with the trip across the top and it has really given us some amazing photos and permanent memories.
Worth checking out if nothing else..
Bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 720425

Reply By: Maggie C - Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 16:01

Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 16:01
Just got home from seeing Leo Sayer at the Melbourne Zoo Twilight Concert,
Great Show. Thank you for your tips and advice, I will go online now to check out all your info.
Thanks again
Maggie C
AnswerID: 448092

Sponsored Links