Melbourne Caravan & Camping Show - Cauldield

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 15:01
ThreadID: 84944 Views:2669 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Went to the Melbourne Caravan & Camping Show yesterday at Caulfield Race Track yesterday with a number of specific items in mind.

First time I have been for about 5-6yrs and must say it was sensationally setup and laid out. Just went straight to the area/stands of interest to us, which were all in one spot for a change, and not spread all over the Show site like previous years that we have been.

The best part about the C&C Show for myself and my wife was/is that we could actually get a hands on/face to face with the manufacturer or National Importer of what we were looking for, plus have a play/test of the subject product. Asked as many questions as you like and usually received sane , lucid answers in return.

The second, even better part was, going forearmed off the Internet with pricing structures and specials being offered on the Net by their dealers, as the Show prices were RRP so that they didn't undermine their dealer network, as one sales dude so thoughtfully let slip.

Interestingly enough though, once you showed what their dealer network was offering, not only did they match best price but added free delivery as well.

Something that caught our eye was a 'mini twin tub ' washing machine. As a show special they had been reduced to $159.00 and were walking out. As we have the single mini upright one, which I might add cost $300, SWMBO along with a bunch of other SWMBO's got themselves all excited about this item which I presume is new on the market as I haven't seen or heard of them before. No! we didn't buy one - already have single tub one. (LOL)

Anyway , $'s later we departed after what was for once a pleasant experience.

DD

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 16:38

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 16:38
Better bargains on Monday mate, should be good
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 448008

Follow Up By: Dust-Devil - Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 17:12

Saturday, Mar 12, 2011 at 17:12
Doh!

Did you have to say that.
FollowupID: 720351

Follow Up By: Member - " H " (VIC) - Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 19:40

Sunday, Mar 13, 2011 at 19:40
Dust Devil.
We had the opportunity to be there the same day as you, I down loaded all the info and purchased the tickets on the Internet, which saves a lot of time standing in line.
Actualy we purchased a new OZ 30 second tent for our trip up the middle this year on our way to broome , found the show very interesting if you preselect the items you want to see, other wise you will run out of time, also some of the items we brought like Hema maps and the Camps 6 would have been cheaper at the RACV. And would not have to cart it around and back to the car.
Other wise a good show..
Regards " H "

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 720468

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:45

Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:45
So I WONT be there today! Diarrhoea all weekend and I am stuffed no way I could even drive around the show, and yes they had TWO 12v shops!
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 720507

Sponsored Links