handicapped parking stickers for cars

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:13
ThreadID: 8496 Views:1797 Replies:6 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone know where you can download a handicapped parking sticker/sign for my car. You know the ones that attach to your windscreen so as you can get the wide parking spaces. I want to be garunteed that I can get a space big enough for my gas guzzling monster truck so as I don't run into "Stayoffroad again"
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:49

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:49
floyd floyd floyd.
you got it all wrong mate.
thats where stay off road should be parked.
or then again he might but cant seem to park in between the lines lolback by popular demand
:-)
AnswerID: 37161

Reply By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:11

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:11
tch tch tch floyd.........lmao.........sarcasm becomes you
maybe we should should get the council to declare a fourbie free zone in stayoffroads local westfields better still get the lord mayor to reserve 2 car parks just for stayoffroad .......I wondered what that splat was last week and the chunk of crap i had to pull out from in between the tread blocks of my muddies..... it was stayoffroads hyundai
AnswerID: 37165

Follow Up By: diamond(bendigo) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 16:45

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 16:45
now now now boys.
lets not pick on hyundais.
there good for filling in ruts and for traction in deep bogsback by popular demand
:-)
FollowupID: 26910

Reply By: Big Trev - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 16:46

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 16:46
Hey Floyd, I really hope you are being sarcastic about wanting to park illegally in areas reserved for handicapped people. As a parent of a normal looking 21 yo daughter who has been crippled with Rheumatoid Arthritis since she was 8 yo, who needs those parks, that you wouldn't be one of those bastards who park in them, are you?
AnswerID: 37204

Follow Up By: floyd - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:01

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:01
I'm actually a 1 legged gymp lilke Truckster. Got it chopped off in a piece of agricultural machinery on my dads farm about 27 years ago.

Who said anything about wanting to park illegaly? I think that you have the wrong person.

You dont know where I live, or if their are even disabled parking spaces in my local town so how do you know that I will be putting anybody out. Hell I may not even be in Australia. The chances of finding me in your park are quite slim as there are a few billion people on this planet.

This is actually the WORLD WIDE WEB. Get it WWW. I could be anywhere.

Please dont call me a bastard you dont even know me.

BY BY.
FollowupID: 26917

Follow Up By: Member - Alan- Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:43

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:43
Strong reaction Floyd. Big Trev obviously took you seriously and maybe hadn't read the posting from that turkey who wants all fourby's off the road, so there's more room for him to park his little jap crap machine.
Must agree with Big Trev though, the uncaring inconsiderates who park in bays reserved for the disabled amongst us, deserve to get a ticket for doing it, but you can never, ever, find a council ranger around who'll risk putting one on an offenders car.
Let's all try and treat other road and carpark users with some consideration....... even idiots like "stayofftheroad"!
FollowupID: 26924

Follow Up By: joc45 - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 00:49

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 00:49
$1000 fine in WA for parking in an Acrod bay without a sticker.
I often check out suspect vehicles ready to dob them, but so far every one I've seen is legally in the bay. The $1000 threat must be working.
Gerry
FollowupID: 26986

Follow Up By: Big Trev - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:44

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:44
Floyd,
go back and read my post again before you get of your horse. Firstly I suggested that your comments "maybe" sarcastic.

Secondly I asked the question "you wouldn't be one of those bastards who park in them, are you?" See the "are you" on the end. If you think I am calling you a bastard then you have obviously parked illegally in one.

Thirdly, if in fact you are "actually a 1 legged gymp", then you should know the process for legally acquiring a disabled "sticker" for your car.

And yes, if I had have seen the post from the person bagging 4X4's then I would have been as outspoken as everyone else.

In the town where I live the State Police and the local council parking officers actually enforce the law in relation to parking in disabled areas very actively.
FollowupID: 26993

Reply By: Diane - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:11

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:11
Ummm......
A Turkish Delight?......... anyone?

AnswerID: 37208

Follow Up By: macca - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 20:42

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 20:42
and a chill pill?
FollowupID: 26947

Reply By: Glenno - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 18:22

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 18:22
My pet hate is people who cannot or wont park properly. So much so that when i owned my old beatup 70 something corolla, i would regulary park dead centre in a car spot where the next car was too lazy to park straight. Sometimes my mirror would be an inch away from theirs. Then we would sit out the front of the shopping centre and watch the clown have to climb in through the passenger door.

Just think if they took the effort to be considerate and parked properly then all would be well.

Load of fun :)
AnswerID: 37216

Follow Up By: macca - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 20:47

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 20:47
When I'm in a narky mood I make sure my wheels are about a foot into the next bay then sit back and watch the non drivers try to manouver into there "little" space and then give up in a bleep ey foul mood.. When they finally decide where to park I casually get into the wagon and drive away....Though I'm not usually a narky person !!!just my idea of a joke.
FollowupID: 26948

Follow Up By: Mad Dog Morgan (Vic) - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:09

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:09
Some people do not have the ability to park properly and only have a rough idea where the car is when driving on the road. The law allows these people on the road. You are being most inconsiderate when parking in this manner as you do have the ability to park in a considerate manner but chose to be a prick.I may be mad but I'm not crazy
Hooroo
Ray
FollowupID: 27010

Follow Up By: Member - Alan- Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:19

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:19
Good one Glenno. Recently I parked dead straight in a bay next to a turkey who'd parked at an angle in the bay next door. He couldn't go forward as his front was up against a post, and he couldn't go back because of the angle of his vehicle to mine!
No one has to act like "macca" when he's in a narky mood ...... does he also practice road rage and shout, swear and wave his fists at other drivers I wonder.
Grow up macca, telling others of your stupidity doesn't impress anyone.
FollowupID: 27011

Reply By: Big Trev - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:49

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:49
Has anyone noticed that the newer car parking are considerably smaller that the old ones. They are certainly catering for the smaller cars, but the real reason is of course so that can get more parks per square inch.

The only one locally has been Bunnings, they have made their parks "tradesmen" size, which is great for the 4X4.
AnswerID: 37264

Sponsored Links