Family website URL changed

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:42
ThreadID: 8497 Views:1624 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

For all those that have visited our family website and may have bookmarked it, please note that due to ongoing technical hick-ups with Bigpond I've been forced to changed ISP providers. The new URL is
http://members.westnet.com.au/flatdog

Also, I have twice the website size allowance with the new provider so I've added links to bigger pics for all the trip journals, 4WD's and campertrailers pages. Over the next couple of weeks I'll do the same for other pages.

Thanks for all the positive feedback from everyone and sorry for the inconvenience.

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
http://members.westnet.com.au/flatdog
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: srowlandson - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 14:14

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 14:14
have you thought of getting your own domain and getting professional hosting for it? IO have a few clients do this, paying $95 for a domain for 5 years and only about $50 month for hosting a personal site?

Saves changing the URL / your email address each time your move isp's and you generally get a lot more space.

Steve
AnswerID: 37179

Follow Up By: Member - Melissa - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 15:11

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 15:11
Hi Steve,

Yes I have considered alternative hosting options but at the end of the day, it's a family website designed primarily for family and friends (e-friends included) and I just can't justify spending $600 a year on professional hosting when most ISP's provide free hosting as part of our internet plan. I don't chop and change ISP's for the sake of saving a few $ here and there and was happily with Bigpond for over 3 yrs. It's just a shame that from a technical side of things they seem to have lost the plot lately. Hopefully my new ISP will be better...if service and $ are up to par I'll have no need to move. Finger's crossed!

:o) Melissa
FollowupID: 26891

Follow Up By: Lyds - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 18:26

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 18:26
Melissa,

You can do it a lot cheaper than that. You can take out a domain for very few bucks a year and they'll also forward the domain and email addresses for free or low cost as well.

you'll find US domain registrars cheaper than Oz, as long as your happy to not have the .au suffix.

Cheers,
Stuart
- To err is human, to moo bovine -
FollowupID: 27047

Reply By: Brian - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 18:06

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 18:06
Melissa
Thanks.. I have updated the bookmark. I am still working through the site...looooved the Cape York trip report!!!
Cheers
Brian
AnswerID: 37215

Sponsored Links